NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What's your favorite remote?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a firefly and while I like it & it works well - it simply doesn't have the range it should and I'm done trying to hold it just right to change the volume or channel from across my small living room.

What I'm looking for now is probably an infrared remote that is configurable enough that it will operate GBPVR well --- and if possible, is programmable so that I can turn on/off my TV and maybe teach it a few other tricks.

Any suggestions out there?
any of the Logitech Harmony remotes Smile
at some point I am going to buy myself the Xbox one... since I have a 360 anyways.
I was checking those out - they look nice. I guess I need to look a bit deeper into them.
What are you using for an IR receiver for the PC?
Ted the Penguin Wrote:any of the Logitech Harmony remotes Smile
at some point I am going to buy myself the Xbox one... since I have a 360 anyways.
I second that.
Logitech Harmony 880 - it's database includes the PCH remote, MVP remote & even Nyko's PS3 IR remote.

I had very few tweeks when setting it up & it controls every piece of A/V equipment in my living room.
the mce remote kit comes with :remote,receiver and sender all in one

the harmony remote looks good but dont you still need a ir receiver of some sort to get the info into the pc
Harmony 880 hands down. I had a harmony 676 (I think that's the number) and while it worked as well as the 880, the keys eventually lost their conductive contact and died. Even after repainting them with conductive paint, I had all sorts of trouble. 880 for the win.
I have the Harmony XBox and it saved my rear with the wife. Since I got it, I have not had one call at work on "how do I..." The xbox remote has the 4 colored buttons like the Hauppauge remote so it works great with the plugins and extra features (like the blue button for show status). Get it off an ebay store or??? DO NOT PAY RETAIL.Wink
stustunz Wrote:the harmony remote looks good but dont you still need a ir receiver of some sort to get the info into the pc

So the harmony 880 is very very good. But what about the receiver? You can use it with the mce receiver (effectively replacing the remote control in that kit)?

Thanks,
Khurram.
Pages: 1 2