NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD Homerun Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am having a difficult time mapping channels in HDHR and GBPVR. I've been trying for a few weeks and just can't seem to get it so I have come for help. Basically when I am trying to "Map digital channes to EPG channels" screen, the only channels I am getting are the ones that are currently on the HDHomerun channel I am on.

Example: In my HDHomerun config, I am on QAM channel 5. There are 5 programs in the dropdown below it: 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 802, and 808. So in GB-PVR when I try to map channels, I am only finding those 5 channels each time it cycles through each of the 68 channels. Likewise in my HDHomerun config if I am on QAM channel 6 (which does not have any programs), when I do the GB-PVR channel mapping I do not find any channels. And when I am on QAM channel 80, in GB-PVR I will find 12 channels. So it seems like the GB-PVR is not changing channels well.

software:
HDHR: 20080427
GB-PVR: 1.2.13
ZAP2XML

hardware:
8600GT
e2140
I have my cable jack split into two, one going into #0 and one going into #1 of the HD Homerun device.

The channels come in fine through the HDHR software.

Thanks guys for any help. I am totally stuck.
Sorry here are my logs for the scan:
It looks like it is scanning fine but there is an error when parsing the PSIP data to add it to the list of found channels:
Code:
2008-06-09 14:41:17.546    ERROR    [1]    Unexpected error parsing scan information: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at Config.Plugins.x501d1ffea8b79320.x692a1118e1794d77(Object xdf2e3583f942db7b, EventArgs xc4f45905cb1fc7ba)
sub will probably need to look into this but he is away from home for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, run a scan and let it continue until it starts scanning a channel above your last mapping, then zip and attach your config.exe.log and I should be able to create a scan.cache file for you that you can use to map the channels. So if you have mapped upt to say channel 12, then you can stop the scan when it starts scanning channel 14 or 15.
Ok so the first run was just right after rebooting I went straight into GBPVR config and tried to map channels, it did not find any (zip file: config.exe2.zip).

Then I opened up the HDHomerun Config and went to QAM channel 5 and tried to map the channels again and went through all 68 (zip file: config.exe3.zip). And again all 68 channels just duplicated the same 5 channels over and over again.

Thanks for looking at this.
Sorry, that didn't work like I thought it would. Are you running any software firewalls?
Was just using the Windows Firewall with exceptions, but I just turned the firewall off completely and still not working.

I am using a fresh install of XP pro sp2. I've added the MPV Decoder Filter and I have right clicked and reinstalled that BDA.INF file in the windows\ directory.

What I tried to do was to still map all the channels individually by manually switching the HDHomerun config each time to a different QAM station and then mapping it. So now in the PVRX2 I can see the TV guide and I can even watch one of the stations, but the only stations I can watch are the ones that I have my HDHomerun config QAM channel set to.

Anything else you can think of and post logs for? Or should we wait for Sub to answer. Thank you much for your help so far.
This will sound strange but try the following:

Run Config.
Select "Misc" tab.
Uncheck "Auto-skip commercials (needs comskip files)"
Click "OK" button to save and exit.
Restart Config and run a scan.
Unfortunately it is the same results.
So I uninstalled hdhomerun and gbpvr and reinstalled again. Now it is not repeating but only finding very few channels. Any thoughts?
phildo Wrote:What I tried to do was to still map all the channels individually by manually switching the HDHomerun config each time to a different QAM station and then mapping it. So now in the PVRX2 I can see the TV guide and I can even watch one of the stations, but the only stations I can watch are the ones that I have my HDHomerun config QAM channel set to.

I missed where you said this. See http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=2...stcount=82
Pages: 1 2 3