NextPVR Forums

Full Version: vidImport utility support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/VidImport

is a tool that:

VidImport recurses a directory searching for video files (.mpeg, .mpg, .avi. .mpv, .ts, .mp4) and creates an xml file that gbpvr can import (on the config/plugin tab). It recurses all the way to the lowest level so nested directories are acceptable. It tries to intelligently use the directory name and any filename similarities to create the titles and subtitles so files are grouped in a useful manner by GBPVR/PVRx2. It also recognizes if an episode # of the syntax .SxxEyy. is built in the file name and uses that as subtitle if possible.

It will rebuild your recordings directory info (sans description) if you have lost or corrupted your database.

Post any support questions here.
does it extract the meta data ?
carpeVideo Wrote:http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/VidImport

is a tool that:

VidImport recurses a directory searching for video files (.mpeg, .mpg, .avi. .mpv, .ts, .mp4) and creates an xml file that gbpvr can import (on the config/plugin tab)..

stustunz Wrote:does it extract the meta data ?
No - I suppose I could give that a try. Do you know where I can find code examples extracting metadata using c#?

Today I released v.6 adding the capability to do IMDB lookups to grabs a plot description if available.
you should get hold of the source code for mpeg import he offered it on a post a week so back (it can get the meta data so you could have a look how)
be good if someone (you lol) would take that and combine it with yours
pretty much does the same thing
im sure the writer of the program wouldnt mind as he offered the source code and he now uses media portal as it suits his needs better
sorry i have no idea about programming i can write a few batch files and im even useless at that Smile

also could you add dvr-ms
carpeVideo Wrote:No - I suppose I could give that a try. Do you know where I can find code examples extracting metadata using c#?

Today I released v.6 adding the capability to do IMDB lookups to grabs a plot description if available.

Attached are snippets of code from MovieWiz.

1. recordings class, provides the methods for converting entry into GBPVR format xml suitable for import from config program.

2. SaveAllEntriesAsMetaData. Routine that exports ALL MovieWiz entries into xml file

3. SaveEntryAsMetaData. Routine that exports a SINGLE entry into it's OWN xml file.

To create a file suitable for import into GBPVR, you could create logic similar to SaveAllEntriesAsMetaData, iterate thru your filelist instead of the MovieWiz entries, populate a recording object and call OutputMetaDataAsString...

Note, several of the properties/fields in the recording object only make sense to moviewiz, the code identies which ones are moviewiz specific.
stustunz do you mean the metadata embedded within the actual video file or a separate .xml metadata file. A separate file with the same name but .xml extension would be simple if you have a few examples.
mpeg import gets the meta data from within the file
sorry im not much help
stustunz - what data is it that you want from the metadata - as far as I can tell you can only get audio type, resolution and length. And then which field do you want the data to reside in. Subtitle, Description?

CV
According to the wiki, mpegimport gets it's metadata from the (hidden NTFS file) metadata.xml
Figured out the metadata issue. I'll have a new release soon. Makes me think we need a utility that copies the metadata when transcodes are done.

Sub - if your reading when using the native transcode does gbpvr copy the metadata to the new file?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8