NextPVR Forums

Full Version: USB-UIRT in the UK with Sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get multiple Hauppauge tuners to work together and get the HVR-1300 blaster to work. USB-UIRT would appear to be my solution. Does this work in the UK with standard Sky digiboxes? Do I need some sort of extension for the blaster LED? Are they supplied complete? TIA.
I went for this one (on price) works fine, but I guess it is a dedicated sky/ntl device, so maybe not future proof. http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/index.html

Martin
The USB-Uirt should work with almost any STB. Its got about 3 different transmitters in it which should blast almost anything.
martint123 Wrote:maybe not future proof.

Thanks Martin. Sadly my machine has no serial interface available - there's a header, but no room for a socket with all these tuner cards on a mATX mobo. The future is here...
PhilTheDoc Wrote:I can't get multiple Hauppauge tuners to work together and get the HVR-1300 blaster to work. USB-UIRT would appear to be my solution. Does this work in the UK with standard Sky digiboxes?

Yes, the USB-UIRT works fine with Sky Digiboxes. I had to change RepeatCount from 3 to 1 in Sky Digibox (UK).dat when I replaced a dead Panasonic STB with the latest version

PhilTheDoc Wrote:Do I need some sort of extension for the blaster LED? Are they supplied complete? TIA.

The blaster comes with a 1 metre-ish long lead and is fully assembled - it was a case of plugging in and playing.

HTH.
OK I'm persuaded. Just bought one off Ebay. Thanks for the advice.