NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple Hauppauge Tuners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an HVR-1300 to capture and control my Sky UK STB, an HVR-4000 to capture Freesat especially BBC HD, and a Nova-T-TD dual Freeview tuner for regular TV. With this setup I can do all 4 at once. However, although they will all tune, I cannot get them all installed and leave the HVR-1300 blaster working. The Nova-T and/or HVR-4000 IR hardware takes precedence it seems. I've tried all sorts of orders of installation and different PCI slot arrangements to no avail. Any advice on how to do this (without getting a USB-UIRT - separate thread)?
I had a problem when adding a nova-t-500 to an existing pvr150 installation.
I had to install the nova-t-500 first and disable it's IR port in device manager and then install the pvr150. I suppose it depends if these hardware ports are disable-able with your boards.
I gave up eventually and got a red-eye serial port blaster for Sky as the PVR150 just wasn't reliable enough.

Martin
The IR driver for the Nova-T-TD installs automatically and I can't stop it. When it's installed there is no option to disable it when right-clicked in device manager. Uninstall it and it reinstalls next reboot. I think I'll follow your example and go for a third party blaster. I wasted an entire Sunday afternoon on Father's Day fiddling when I should have been watching the stunning Blu-Ray DVD of "Planet Earth" Sad