NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UPDATE, Changing PVR set-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
From my earlier post: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=35643

What I decided to go ahead a do was buy the Silverstone LC20, especially since my wife did not like the looks of the old pc and liked the Silverstone. I spent about 3 hours last night/ early the morning pulling everything from the old case and swapping it with the new case, plugged everything in, hit the power button and now my motherboard is not seeing any of my 3 hard drives or my cd-rw. I am not for sure what I did but I am very fustrated. I did add three fans, but that is it. I know I have to be missing something simple, any ideas?
Matt B.
did you plug both power and data cable into each hard drive
I just checked and Yes everything is plugged in.

I am still amazed at the fast replys on this board.
Thanks
Matt B
are you using a new power supply or the same one?
I am using the same one, I even pulled both tuner cards and unplugged 2 of the harddrives, in case I was using too much power.
Matt B.
can you try a different plug coming from the power supply to HD's
only plug in one hard drive and make sure the jumper is set to master
only other thing is make sure all power leads are plugged into motherboard big one and a small one
I tried everything you suggested. I only have a big plug going into the motherboard, no place for the small one. It tried to detect the drives and sees nothing then continues and says "Update ESCD Successfully" and "Disk Boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". I think those messages are from the computer not finding anything. See what I mean fustrating, especially since everything worked before I took it apart.
Matt B.
Something I just noticed, the hard drive light is solid, not flashing. It is like the hard drive(s) is constantly working. Maybe nothing.
Just in case it is the motherboard I have a lead on a $5 Biostar motherboard, Athlon M7VIK, it looks like everything would swap over, just in case.
Matt B.
maybe you have the connections wrong that connect the motherboard to the front light etc disconnect all of then except the on switch
Pages: 1 2