NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using hauppauge remote with MCE ir receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 hauppauge tuners hvr1600, hvr950. THis 1600 came with the hauppauge remote, and a little ir sensor that seems to be really useless. Am i able to use the hauppauge remote with the ir sensor that came with MCE

Is all i need to have installes is the ir exe from hauppauge?
I'm not familiar with the 1600 series, does the IR sensor plug into the card its self or into the computer? For me I have a pvr 350, I found that GBPVR didn't use the hauppauge remote if it was installed after GBPVR was, I don't know how to turn it on without reinstalling.

For using the Hauppauge remote with the MCE receiever you'd have to have a program that would accept commands from it and do what you wanted. IR Server Suite or HIP can do this
bigstusexy Wrote:I'm not familiar with the 1600 series, does the IR sensor plug into the card its self or into the computer?

The sensor that comes with HVR-1600 plugs directly into the card. The MCE IR sensor plugs into Computer via USB. It pics up the ir signal from the Hauppauge remote but i know its not processing it.

Quote:For using the Hauppauge remote with the MCE receiever you'd have to have a program that would accept commands from it and do what you wanted. IR Server Suite or HIP can do this

I am trying to avoid this but not sure that i will be able to
If you just want to use it with GBPVR then see if a quick reinstall will hep or search the forums on gettin git working after its installed. I didn't use the reciever when if first started and when I did I need to re install first before GB took over. As long as the HCW drivers are installed and IR exe isn't running GB usually detects it and uses it. If you want to use it via the MCE remote I suggest reading the HIP guide in the wikki.