NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [NEW PLUGIN] Torrent plugin pre-release available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
systemshark and I have been working on a Torrents plugin for GB-PVR. Lots more features are planned but I think it's time to ask for volunteers to try out a pre-release version. The idea is to have a larger pool of people to do some testing, but it's mostly about getting some general feedback and user suggestions.

Features
  • Acts as a front-end to the uTorrent web interface so this must be installed first. A built-in torrent manager is billed as "coming soon".
  • The main screen shows the status of all Torrents (% complete etc).
  • Ability to search thepiratebay.com for new Torrents to download.
  • The search results can be sorted by name or # seeds.
  • Can select an individual search result to see more details about that torrent file.

Download If you want to get involved, PM or preferably email me (via my profile page).

[Image: TorrentsPlugin1.jpg]
[Image: TorrentsPlugin2.jpg]
That looks really good. I'll have to give it a try when I'm back in NZ.
Thanks sub, that means a lot Smile
Looks really useful, I'm not going to voluteer because I dont have a great deal of time to play at the moment, but I hope it goes well.
Elmo Putney Wrote:Looks really useful, I'm not going to voluteer because I dont have a great deal of time to play at the moment, but I hope it goes well.
Feel free to download tho. And if you have any comments then the option is there...
Looks nice, but as I only use gbpvr through a MVP it's not really handy for me. Although I could use it to see how my torrents are getting along. But I'm sitting behind my computer a lot more than in front of my tv.Wink But I might try it any way, just to see it work. It's a reason to install the utorrent web-interface, I never did.Smile

Hans
I'll definitely try this. Is HTV correct, it won't work with MVP?
dodgy i like it! Smile
Really pleased to see this - IMHO torrents are the future of PVR. Smile
zehd Wrote:I'll definitely try this. Is HTV correct, it won't work with MVP?
I've tried it on an MVP and it works fine. All the torrent searching, downloading etc is done by the "server". I'm not sure what HTV means by "I only use gbpvr through a MVP it's not really handy for me" :confused:
Pages: 1 2 3 4