NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Idle hands...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When gbpvr.com was down last week I was wondering what now :eek: and thought about mvmpcx2 on the PCH without GBPVR. :eek::eek: This spawned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvDeGOViJZo

Although some of you may feel nostalgic, I remember why I needed to find GBVPR in the first place, and I'm reallly glad sub's and gbpvr.com are back.

Martin

(mvpmcx2 using Hauppauge and Simese server)
Makes one wonder what would come out of your "hands" if you really got bored.:eek:

Hans
Did I see a "resume" option on the demo ? Big GrinBig Grin
martint123 Wrote:Did I see a "resume" option on the demo ? Big GrinBig Grin

O_o I think I just had a aneurysm
Ted the Penguin Wrote:O_o I think I just had a aneurysm

OOOHHH NOOOO! you didn't accidentaly take the red pill? if so, report back how deep the rabbit hole goes Wink
It was raining heavily yesterday, so didn't get out on the bike and had a play with the PCH instead.

Got usenet (nzbget) running in about 30 minutes. Dump an NZB file into a shared directory and watch the PCH whizzing away downloading it to another shared directory. That should help my power bill no end.
nzbget is a pet peeve of mine because back in February I wanted Syabas to focus on user apps (see the first two posts) and not newsreaders

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewto...0&start=63

I compiled and had nzbget running (I don't use it) in 2 hours to prove what I was saying. With user apps support mvpmcx2 install (and nzbget too) would be trivial and not thirty minute (plus) adventures.

Instead five months later there is no user app support but I expect nzbget is going to be coming soon in a Syabas release.

Martin
Did I get a a post pulled? or the forum throw a hiccup?
Martin, I'm note sure what you are asking, but just in case you misunderstood my comments, I'm really glad you got nzbget working and no negative statements were directed at you. It just proves my point that Syabas doesn't need to support things that don't involve the hardware or making it easier for users that the user community can do quite well on their own.

Martin
Not at all Martin. I posted a reply and coming back later I didn't see it, hence my question. It was probably me with button fever or something Wink

I said that on reflection I agreed with your points and had posted a reply on the thread over at nmt.

Hell, if I can get usenet working, then anyone can. But with a bit of thought Syabas should have had some form of support for plugins or similar widgets to make it as simple as adding plugins to Firefox etc.

Martin