NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, been trying to get dvb-t radio working for a while now, last version got as far as scanning for channels and stopped.

Using latest beta scan works and channels come up ok but when i play no audio plays.

I have lame decoder installed but reading logs it says cannot find lame encoder, odd, it is registered ok as gspot shows it listed ok.
It is the latest beta of lame.
Also installed mpa decoder but still no sound.

A few errors show up in logs but i can't suss the problem so i've zipped the logs and hope you can figure out the problem.
Taw Wrote:I have lame decoder installed but reading logs it says cannot find lame encoder, odd, it is registered ok as gspot shows it listed ok.
It is the latest beta of lame.
Did you download the LAME encoder from the download link on the DVB-T Radio wiki page? I'm guessing not.

The code searches for the filter specifically by name - if the one you have isn't named "LAME Audio Encoder" (without quotes), it won't find it. The problem with LAME is that it's open source and I've seen different versions with different names. That's all I can think of.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for that info, i did download the lame from the wicki link but seems i had the lame acm instead of dshow, just updated to dshow and all works ok now.
Thanks again.
One other question, the mp3 fies created are 128k whereas the radio are broadcast at 160 or 192, any way to get what is broadcast.
Thanks.
I haven't tried this so you may be breaking new ground ...

If you have grapedt, then you can open the .grf files in Graphs folder of the radio plugin, right click on the encoder, select Filter Properties and fiddle about.

Alternatively, you can use regedit to change stuff at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\LAME MPEG Layer III Audio Encoder Filter

The usual health warnings apply.

Good Luck
Graham
Tried graphedit, changed bitrate, but it reverted back to 128 when dvb-t radio started.
Will try registry and see if that makes a difference.
Already tried lame xml, but that didn't work either.
Thanks for the info.
@Taw glad you got it working.

@ Graham - that registry key is for a different version of the LAME dshow encoder. I have a copy of that one which came with ReplayAV but I don't know a freely available source which is why I went for the version I list on the wiki.

On this subject, in general, it's on my ToDo list but there are two problems I need to address - the first is that I don't know how to programatically set the parameters for the encoder. I've Googled quite a few times but can't find any example code or documentation on what interface to use. I haven't had time to download the source code but that's the next step.

The second problem is that I'm not sure how to discover the bitrate etc. for a particular stream. I don't think it's carried as part of the SI (I may be wrong, I'll check the docs again). If it isn't an SI entry, it means analysing the stream to find the information and I don't have the capability to do this at the moment.

As I said, it's on the ToDo list and as soon as I find out how to do these things, I'll incorporate it.

Cheers,
Brian
bgowland Wrote:The second problem is that I'm not sure how to discover the bitrate etc. for a particular stream.

Why bother?

What's the problem with encoding low rate streams at a high rate?
Graham Wrote:Why bother?

What's the problem with encoding low rate streams at a high rate?
Good point - probably not a problem at all but I like to try to keep things in line (just one of my things, I suppose).

BTW, the registry key seems to half work which is frustrating me - if I change the registry setting you suggested, it doesn't seem to have an effect on the 'LAME Encoder Filter' but it does have an effect on the 'LAME MPEG Layer III Audio Encoder Filter'.

The annoying thing is, if I change the settings with the 'LAME Encoder Filter' in GraphEdit, it saves the setting to that registry key. It writes but it doesn't seem to read the setting and always defaults to 128Kbps. Bah!

Cheers,
Brian