NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2 Hauppauge Media MVPs For Sale - Cheap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd sell one for $55 (includes shipping)
or both for $105 (includes shipping)

Both are in good physical condition and work just fine with SageTV. The second one has been in a box since I moved over from BeyondTV. I have just decided I don't need both of them and if I could sell them both I'll use the money towards a SageTV HD100 Extender.

Neither are wireless.
One has the new-MCE style remote (like the one in this photo). This one has a few minor scratches on the base, but the remote looks great and the MVP and remote works just fine.

The other one has zero scratches and both the base and remote looks great. This one has the older-style, silver remote.

I'll post some photos later today and link to them in this thread. I stand behind my word that they work great so if there were any problems I'd take either back and refund all monies.

If you're interested, PM me or post in this thread. Thanks!
No takers? Is the GB-PVR MVP skin working well for folks?
Quote:Is the GB-PVR MVP skin working well for folks?
There is a bit more too it than a "GB-PVR MVP skin". I think you're thinking of BeyondTV, which has some crappy modified skin on Hauppauge server software. Big Grin GB-PVR has a full MVP client.

Most GB-PVR users are going with the PCH devices instead these days.
sub Wrote:There is a bit more too it than a "GB-PVR MVP skin". I think you're thinking of BeyondTV, which has some crappy modified skin on Hauppauge server software. Big Grin GB-PVR has a full MVP client.
You're right. I didn't realize GB-PVR basically has a replacement UI (client). So just curious, does it perform well with GB-PVR? does it transcode for non-supported file formats such as HD?

Quote:Most GB-PVR users are going with the PCH devices instead these days.
Interesting. I didn't realize the Popcorn Hour device had been modded to work with GB-PVR - pretty cool.
Skins please, you are confusing GB-PVR with BeyondTV I think. Sub has written his server to provide as much function with the Hauppauge dongle as Sage did with a custom dongle.
But yes I think the client works very well.

No takers is probably the price especially when the PCH HD extender is only $179. SD only products are going to be less and less appealing over time.

Edit sub did it to me again!

Martin
We're going to win you over yet Brent. Wink
whurlston Wrote:We're going to win you over yet Brent. Wink

Smile You never know. I'm amazed at how much you guys at GB-PVR have achieved - it's a pretty nice HTPC front-end.

I sold one MVP with one MediaMVP left fwiw.