NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mp3 buffer size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just been thinking about your comment regarding my clone mode suggestion. If the second machine always plays back the mp3 file from the beginning, does this imply that the mp3 file grows indefinitely from the time its started until the disk is full?
fuzzweed Wrote:just been thinking about your comment regarding my clone mode suggestion. If the second machine always plays back the mp3 file from the beginning, does this imply that the mp3 file grows indefinitely from the time its started until the disk is full?
In general, yes. There's no logic to auto-rollover to a new buffer file at a certain file size or for deleting the old files until they're re-used for a new session.

I think somewhere wayback I mentioned this in the original announcement for the first beta release but I'm not sure. In general it's not a major problem - I inadvertently left one of the early alpha versions running for about 18 hours before I discovered it. The mp3 was a bit less than 2GB which, compared to mpeg TV recordings, isn't too much to worry about if you have large recording drive capacity.

Cheers,
Brian