NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any way to automatically save MPG output file when transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My MVP now works flawlessly, however I would like to convert my Divx, Xvid files to play natively on MVP. Using transcoding strains the CPU. I have when I remembered copied the output MPG and this then plays fine in future, however I would like to convert any movie played so that they will then play on the MVP natively next time. Is there a way to automatically save the output as opposed overwriting it each time?
Sorry, no theres not.
You could add a transcode-to-mpg string to config.xml. Than you can transcode anyting you want to mvp-ready format.

My transcode section in config.xml looks like this:

Code:
<CustomFFmpegConversions>
    <Conversion name="XviD" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -f avi -ab 224 -ac 2 -acodec mp3 -deinterlace -vcodec xvid -b 1500k -vtag XVID {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="xvid.avi" />
    <Conversion name="DivX" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -f avi -ab 224 -ac 2 -acodec mp3 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1000k -vtag DIVX {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="divx.avi" />
    <Conversion name="Video Ipod" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -title {TITLE_SUBTITLE} -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -s 320x240 -r 15 {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="ipod.mp4" />
    <Conversion name="Sony PSP" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -title {TITLE_SUBTITLE} -f psp -r 29.97 -s 368x208 -b 768k -ar 24000 -ab 32 {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="psp.mp4" />
    <Conversion name="Mobile .3GP" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -acodec aac -vcodec mpeg4 -s qcif -aspect 4:3 {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="3gp.3gp" />
    <Conversion name="WMV-1200kb/s" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -vcodec wmv2 -b 1200k {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="wmv.wmv" />
    <Conversion name="WMV-700kb/s" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -vcodec wmv2 -b 700k {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="wmv.wmv" />
    <Conversion name="MPG-MVP 16:9" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -target pal-dvd -b 5000k -aspect 16:9 -s 720x576 -acodec mp2 -ab 224 -ac 2 -mbd 2 -qmin 2 -async 1 {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="mpeg.mpg" />
    <Conversion name="MPG-MVP 4:3" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -target pal-dvd -b 5000k -aspect 4:3 -s 720x576 -acodec mp2 -ab 224 -ac 2 -mbd 2 -qmin 2 -async 1 {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension="mpeg.mpg" />
    <Conversion name="Wave" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -vn  -y  {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension=".wav" />
    <Conversion name="Mp3" cmd="-y -i {SOURCE_FILE} -vn -acodec mp3 -ac 2 -ab 160 -y  {DEST_FILE}" targetExtension=".mp3" />
  </CustomFFmpegConversions>

You might have to change a few things so that they are right for your part of the world.
This only works I think for the video-archive, so you would have to add the recording-dir to the list of dirs that are monitored by the video-archive. You do that in gbpvr-config-directories.
Don't forget to backup your config.xml before you edit it, preferably with notepad or some other simple text editor.