NextPVR Forums

Full Version: how do you start mvp with gbpvr?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm quite new to mvp, what do I do to see gbpvr on the mvp tv in the other room ? I tried the client / server tab with no luck......

anyone?
Client/server is for normal gbpvr installation on a server, or a remote PC client.

MVP - From what I recall "it just works". All you need to do is set "number of servers to autostart" in configs mvp/nmt tab to more than 0.

Make sure you are not running the Hauppauge software and ensure the MVP ports can get through your firewall.

The wiki is fairly good at sorting problems out AFAIR http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Hardware/MediaMVP
ah, that fixed it, I had the hauppauge software installed, so I took it off and it works good, the other big question is, I'm using cable, that has on it "on demand and music videos that the kids like to use, is there any way to get those functions to work with mvp and gbpvr or am I just out of luck?

thanks
DoPeFiSh Wrote:the other big question is, I'm using cable, that has on it "on demand and music videos that the kids like to use, is there any way to get those functions to work with mvp and gbpvr or am I just out of luck?

thanks

I'd have to pass on that one, I don't have those facilities - middle of nowhere and no cable.