NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GameZone 2.6 feature requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have started working on GameZone 2.6.
So far in the bucket of stuff to work on I have the following.

1. sort out multiple paths on Xtra Emulators - DONE!
2. add some error checking for rom paths being configured. - DONE!
3. Add support for ePSXe 1.70 - DONE!
4. LCDSmartie support - DONE!
5. Update Mame database to exclude, BIOS files I have extended this to include all games that the mame version marks as not runnable DONE!
6. Sort out PNG support for the emulator ICONS

Anybody else got any wishes?
Let me know quick and you may get it included.

Cheers
I know you may be getting crowded in the tabs market, but would it be possible to add root menu items for the following?
Stella (Atari 2600)
Hu-Go! (Turbo Graphix)

You wouldn't have to list all the options, just give a text box for any parameters. If anybodies using them now they have to spell out the parameters.

Still an awesome program.
mkenyon2 Wrote:I know you may be getting crowded in the tabs market, but would it be possible to add root menu items for the following?
Stella (Atari 2600)
Hu-Go! (Turbo Graphix)

You wouldn't have to list all the options, just give a text box for any parameters. If anybodies using them now they have to spell out the parameters.

Still an awesome program.

Wont they both work under Xtra Emulators? That way you get root menu positioning and the parameters as well as multiple ROM paths (when I fix it )
Also Xtra Emulators supports emulator Icons and snapshots.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks
Oh, didn't realize Xtra Emulators gave root menu positioning... Duh to me. I should investigate more. I'll look into it.
Let us know how it goes!

Cheers
Has anyone had ant experience/success with PVSX2 - the playstation2 emulator?

- I thought that was a valid first question before I suggest support in Gamezone. Smile
I have had zero success at running what I would deem a playble game in any PS2 or Xbox emulator. I periodically check them out every 3 or 4 months to see if the status has changed. Personally I think it would be next year before you could expect any real progress worth shouting about.

My 2 cents.
I have a couple of wishlist items:

1. Upon launching, produce a text file, say, in the GameZone folder, with the system "Name" from the ROM Path tab on one line and the name of the ROM being launched on the next line. LCDSmartie could then display what is being played and on what system for people who have VFD displays on the front of their cases.

2. My Mame ROM list still shows all of the BIOS zip files that are in amongst the ROM files in that directory. Is there a way to get GameZone to only display zip files that are games (or prevent it from displaying zip files that are bios's)?

Thanks Paul! This plugin is magnificent!
Quote:1. Upon launching, produce a text file, say, in the GameZone folder, with the system "Name" from the ROM Path tab on one line and the name of the ROM being launched on the next line. LCDSmartie could then display what is being played and on what system for people who have VFD displays on the front of their cases.
Ok, this seems easy: two things give me an example of the format you would suggest, any constraints like number of characters per line etc,. Can I assume if I sent you an early copy with this capability you can test it for me?

Quote:2. My Mame ROM list still shows all of the BIOS zip files that are in amongst the ROM files in that directory. Is there a way to get GameZone to only display zip files that are games (or prevent it from displaying zip files that are bios's)?
Hmm I think this is a bug possible with your setup?? It works fine here. can you start a new thread on this and add an example of the file you are seeing and the exact filename of the bios file also the case as maybe the compare is case sensitive and windows filesystem isnt!

Glad you like it.

Cheers
On most "media pc" computer cases, the vfd display has 2 lines capable of displaying text. Interfacing programs such as LCD Smartie are able to scroll text across the display on a continuous loop so a character limit would not be necessary.

I would just output a "gamezone.txt" to the gamezone folder with line 1 being the system being used and line 2 being the game being played.

I would be happy to test it & I will also make a writeup on how to implement it using LCD Smartie, which you could put in the wiki after an official release.
Pages: 1 2