NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR 1300 Recording Quality Improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just found a post on aussie green button site which gives some reg keys similar to those changed by the cask of amontillado tweak tool for PVR 150/500's.

here they are (create parameters key as not there by default)

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\HCW88tse\Parameters

dword:"IsStaticSpatial" (default = 0)
dword:"IsStaticTemporal" (default = 1)
dword:"StaticSpatialLevel" (default = 0)
dword:"StaticTemporalLevel" (default = 8)

These values apply to the 88X driver only(HVR-1300, PVR-160).

I would suggest setting "IsStaticSpatial"=1, and "StaticTemporalLevel"=4 (or lower if the user prefers).

Seems to have improved my HVR's recording quality
Are you recording from an analogue source? i.e these tweeks apply to the mpeg encoder - I assume they have no effect on DVBT recording or am I wrong?
i think they are for both the hardware encoder and also the streaming multiplexer device, so possibly will affect both analogue and digital.

check these filters properties in graphedit : WDM Streaming Encoder Devices, WDM Streaming Mutliplexer Devices
These only apply to the analog encoder, not digital - where encoding is done by broadcaster prior to transmission.
Very old tweak, at least 15 months old... Do we still need this with the latest 4.6b drivers pack?

And if it was good, why hauppauge never add in by default?

Anyway, I have tried it but didn't notice any difference.

If I use the other sugguestion ""IsStaticSpatial"=1, and "StaticTemporalLevel"=4", the video noise becomes more visible.