NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MPEG problem with MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Does anyone have a solution to this problem - when viewing an MPEG file on the PC that has been recorded with GBPVR the whole file is available from the start of viewing but when the same file is watched on the MVP only the first few seconds are available with more of the file becoming available as the programme is watched. This is only happening on one of my machines - I have no problems with one of my computers intereacting with the MVP, only my second machine. I've tried to find any differences in the settings but haven't been able to find any...

any help??
This most likely means that the mux you're using is recording to .ts or .dvr-ms files, which are not natively playable on the MVP, so the app needs to try to transcode it on the fly to MPEG2.
Thanks, Sub
it turned out to be user stupidity - i used a tip from an earlier post about using the mvp with files other than mpegs and changed transcode all video to 'true' from 'false' - this gave me the problem I've got with mpegs at the moment. I thought i had changed the value back to false but i must have done that wrong! It is now working as it should.

thanks again

Stewart
Great.