NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDMI handshake issue? Blank screen on resume.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read this, but my issue is something different. I can't get the screen back by moving the mouse or tapping on the keyboard.

This is a windows issue, I hope it's OK to post it here.

Here are my symptoms:

1) I always have to turn the TV on, and then the computer. This is always true regardless if I'm resuming from standby, or starting up fresh. It seems that if the TV is not on when windows looks for it (at start up or resume), it just assumes it's not connected and never checks again.

2) Once the computer is up and running, I can turn the TV off, leave it off for as long as I want, turn it back on and the screen comes back up. Again, since the TV was there when windows checked for it (at startup), it assumes it's there forever, even if it's off.

I guess my question is this: How do I get windows to re-check for the presence of a connected TV (monitor)?

I'm using a 780G mobo connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma.

Any help or advice appreciated! Thanks.
the monitor sensing is done by the video card driver, and only usually redetects if coming back from standby or turning on. [windows does this for all cards]

so the video card driver is the culprit, look for this issue with new drivers to see if they've done anything about it..also may try going backwards in drivers, as sometimes they break this with newest tweaks...

also, if using any remote control software, sometimes their drivers interfere, try turning it off and making sure all of it's drivers are unloaded [spec. vnc mirror driver]

otherwise, look for ati forums to see what others are experiencing...they may have workaround..Smile
hmm,also, i think you can get it to retest by re-setting resolution when coming back from suspend...just set same resolution again in batch that runs when resuming..
it should recheck for monitors so it can set them all to 'new' [original] resolution..
When this happens, does your power button blink 10 times? I found this (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1001318) and found that if I plug the pc into HDMI3, I don't get the problem, and I can power the pc and tv on in any order. Unfortunately, it looks really ugly to have a cable coming out of the front of the TV)
Thanks for the help everyone. I upgraded my catalyst control center to the latest version and it fixed the problem.