NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MAME bios files displayed in GameZone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In order for MAME to run certain games, the bios file for that game's system board is required. These files are placed in the same directory as the game roms, and, just like the games, have a *.zip extension. A more-or-less complete list of these bios's can be found here.

As far as I can tell, each of these files has a description in the MAME database, just like any other game. Since they're in the same folder as the roms and have the same extension, they show up in the selection menu for MAME in GameZone. As you can see in the picture below, the Acclaim, Arcadia, Atari and Atlus bios files are visible.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there anything you've done to prevent them from showing up?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
OK, Ive now sussed what the problem is, I expect it will need quite a bit of effort to resolve it. I will add it to the bottom of the 2.6 release wishlist and see how it goes when I start trying to code it up.

Thanks for the patience the screenshot with the files you indicated nailed it for me :-)

Cheers