NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Black Screen when stopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have had my popcorn hour for almost 2 weeks now. When I stop watching a recording from GBPVR, about half the time I will just get a black screen. The only way I seem to recover from this state is to physically unplug the popcorn hour then plug it back in. I have seen other postings related to this issue, but it is not clear what the resolution might be. I have had a couple a days where it seemed to work flawlessly, then I had days like yesterday where it seems everytime I stop I get this black screen (or is it blank?).
My guess is you haven't set up config.xml to indicate that you have a PCH. Compress and upload your GBPVR logs and we can have a look.

Martin
Attached is the ZIP of all my log files.
Sorry, could you set the MVP Autostart to 1 and then start up your PCH and duplicate the problem.

Martin
It has not happened again yet since I reset the MVP Autostart to 1. If it starts happening again, I will post the log files to this thread.

I was also having a problem where I could not go back to GBPVR from the native application. For example, if I used the power button to leave GBPVR, then went back into telnet.html, it would just hang if I selected GBPVR again. This seems to work for me now. Could the MVP Autostart count be related to these problems? I had it set to 2 since I still have a couple MVP's in the house. I have not been using them, so reducing the count is not really a problem for me right now.
Resetting the autostart might have also caused some config.xml changes related to the PCH to take affect. If you want upload the logs anyway and I can confirm that it is being properly identified.

Martin
Attached are my logs again. The black screen is occurring again when I stop viewing a recording.
Sub is going to have to look into this. It looks like you are using txt based comskip file which is causing a crash of the video stream.

Martin
If you delete E:\GBPVR\Pardon the Interruption\Pardon the Interruption_20080716_17301800.txt, can you then play the file without this problem?
Yes, that seemed to resolve it. Sounds like I should turn off comskip processing and delete all the my txt files. I will see if this helps. It kind of makes sense since I never see the issue when watching DVD rips (no comskip files).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5