NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 01-17-080711-15-pop-402-000 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just as a head's up, I installed the current PCH beta and when the next firmware release is out you will require a new telnet.html file if everything stays the same. Certainly I had a bit of a scare when the request could not be processed message came up but all seems good for testing now.

Don't rush to upgrade without checking the forum for more news.

Here's the current changelog.

BTW http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewtopic.php?t=6204

Martin
WhooHoo! 16:10 AR Big Grin

so what 's changed that would mess up the telnet.html?
the ability to specify a name instead of share path? syntax changes?
will it mess up shares, local, usb or all three?

rumors are this is last one before update to new libs, where we'll get resume and better ff/rw Big Grin
Since it is only the first beta I don't want to confuse things with too many details they could change before the release. The whole
/opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/ directory naming style is changed.

Martin
Thanks for the heads up! That seems like a rather big change that's going to affect a lot of user apps.
It sure will be an issue for all those who have created the hard coded html files for their libraries. It also shows the risks that we run using hacks until Syabas formalizes user apps.

Martin
with the beta, is there support for play lists?
what about netflix streaming?
What you see in the changelog is the same as what there is. However using GBPVR you are in the vanguard because ML2 already supports playlists to the PCH and if Netflix happens I think it will happen first via whurlston's plugin.

Martin
I've already made the code changes necessary to my Netflix plugin to support the NMT. I still have some non-NMT specific issues that I'm fixing before I post the new build. As of the new build, all functions of the plugin will work with the exception of actually playing the movie. As soon as Syabas implements playing of DRM content, the plugin will work 100% on the NMT.
whurlston Wrote:I've already made the code changes necessary to my Netflix plugin to support the NMT. I still have some non-NMT specific issues that I'm fixing before I post the new build. As of the new build, all functions of the plugin will work with the exception of actually playing the movie. As soon as Syabas implements playing of DRM content, the plugin will work 100% on the NMT.

Sorry, out of topic alert.

netflix plugin?? i didn't know about that... where can i find more information?
Are the required telnet.html changes posted anywhere?

Regardless, I'm never one to jump on beta versions of firmware (unless it resolves a critical issue), so I guess it doesn't really matter now.
Pages: 1 2