NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How do I import XLMTV.XML data into the TV Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a real newbie at this so please be patient. I installed GBPVR version 1.2.13 and in my UpdateEPG.bat consists of the below statements. The last statement is remarked out because apparently this version of GBPVR does not have this file any longer.

C:\GBPVR\EPG\zap2it\zap2xml.exe -u userid@charter.net -p password
copy "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\xmltv.xml" C:\GBPVR\EPG\xmltv.xml
rem "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe" -OnlyUpdateEPG

The batch file appears to download the schedule data into the xmltv.xml file and also creates a cache directory with files as well in the "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\" directory. But when I open the TV Guide, there is no schedule data for the channels.

Things I've tried
1. In the source config, I performed the empty EPG and Update EPG.
2. I deleted the cache directory and the xmltv.xml file and re-executed the UpdateEPG.bat.

What am I doing wrong?

I will attach the current xmltv.xml file.

Thanks

Gary
After performing "Update EPG" in the config, zip and post your config.*.log files.
garytn9988 Wrote:I'm a real newbie at this so please be patient. I installed GBPVR version 1.2.13 and in my UpdateEPG.bat consists of the below statements. The last statement is remarked out because apparently this version of GBPVR does not have this file any longer.

C:\GBPVR\EPG\zap2it\zap2xml.exe -u userid@charter.net -p password
copy "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\xmltv.xml" C:\GBPVR\EPG\xmltv.xml
rem "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\gbpvr.exe" -OnlyUpdateEPG

The batch file appears to download the schedule data into the xmltv.xml file and also creates a cache directory with files as well in the "C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\" directory. But when I open the TV Guide, there is no schedule data for the channels.

Things I've tried
1. In the source config, I performed the empty EPG and Update EPG.
2. I deleted the cache directory and the xmltv.xml file and re-executed the UpdateEPG.bat.

What am I doing wrong?

I will attach the current xmltv.xml file.

Thanks

Gary

Gary,

Looking at your zipped data file, your channel does not have a number in the channel-id. I don't know what channel "LOAC" is but I would think it would have a channel number. Your one display-name doesn't contain a channel number either. Your channel data looks like this:

<channel id="I.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>LOAC</display-name>
</channel>

When I use Zap2xml, I get channel info that looks like this:

<channel id="I45900.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>2 AFNAT</display-name>
<display-name>2</display-name>
<display-name>AFNAT</display-name>
</channel>

The lack of info between the "I" and the "." in your channel-id indicates to me that your version of zap2xml is outdated.

I defer to Whurlston if the format of your xml data is a factor in the problem.

Mark
Attached are all the log files after performing the empty then Update EPG in the config. Thanks for help on this, I really appreiciate it.

Gary
Your xmltv file only has listings for one channel called LOAC, and it looks like the app is successfully pulling in the 721 listings you have listed for that channel.
I don't know how channel LOAC keeps reappearing. I manually added each channel in the config because I could'nt figure out how to have GB-PVR automatically scan the detected channels.

I keep removing the LOAC channel from my config but it continues to return. Any ideas how the LOAC channel keeps getting added and if there a way to have GB-PVR auto scan the detected channels.

Sorry for being soo green at this, but I will learn. I think this program will be real cool once I under stand how it works and get over my hurdles.

Thanks
TV stuff in GBPVR begins with the EPG. The first step is to populate the EPG with the channels that you want to watch and record.

I have access to about 40 digital terrestial channels but I I am only interested in about 15 of them. The software that I use to obtain XMLTV data allows me to select the channels that I want. I have this configured to get me data for 15 channels. The XMLTV software produces a file containing data for these 15 channels.

In the GBPVR Config app, I have this file specified as the source for my XMLTV data. When I Map Digital Channels, the left column contains the 15 channels from the XMLTV file. I have to tell GBPVR which broadcast channel (i.e. the channels found during a scan) refers to each of the channels in the XMLTV file. I do this in the right column of Map Digital Channels.

Good Luck

Graham
What if my recording source is set for Analog? I have a Hauppauge 1600 connected to cable without a cable box. Sould I still be able to use some type of scanning feature to detect the channels my card can get?

Thanks
As Graham says above, the EPG is important, and the source of your problems here. The LOAC channel keeps reappearing because you keep supplying an XMLTV file that has listings for this channel.
garytn9988 Wrote:What if my recording source is set for Analog? I have a Hauppauge 1600 connected to cable without a cable box. Sould I still be able to use some type of scanning feature to detect the channels my card can get?
No, there is no scanning. GB-PVR is all designed around the EPG, so it needs to know your list of channels etc.

The easiest way to get the EPG in NA is to use the Schedules Direct service. Its not free, but its very easy to use, reliable, and gives you a couple of weeks worth of listings. Its got a 7 day trial if you want to try before you buy.
garytn9988 Wrote:I don't know how channel LOAC keeps reappearing. I manually added each channel in the config because I could'nt figure out how to have GB-PVR automatically scan the detected channels.

I keep removing the LOAC channel from my config but it continues to return. Any ideas how the LOAC channel keeps getting added and if there a way to have GB-PVR auto scan the detected channels.

Sorry for being soo green at this, but I will learn. I think this program will be real cool once I under stand how it works and get over my hurdles.
Thanks

The batch file tells Zap2xml to get the data from zap2it, the batch file puts it where GBPVR can find it, GBPVR imports it from that specific location on your hard drive.
LOAC keeps appearing in GBPVR because that is the only thing that exists in your data file that you are importing into the GBPVR guide.
You need to change the settings of your Zap2it account to include the channels you want listed in GBPVR. Then you need to associate the channels in the guide with the channels that it finds when it scans for channels.

Did you set up a zap2it account according to the instructions on the zap2xml webpage?
Pages: 1 2