NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR-1600 and HD-PVR in the same box, possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, new member here...I'll be getting my HD-PVR in a few days and will be giving GBPVR a shot to use with it. Right now I'm using VMC and a HVR-1600MCE with a SD STB and the MCE Ir blasters. Pretty typical setup. My question(s) is(are) can I use my HVR-1600 and the HDPVR in the same box? For example regular analog cable to tuner on the HVR-1600 and the SD STB to the HDPVR for sort of a dual-tuner, watch one channel while recording the other type of set-up. And if this is possible what channel change hardware would I need to make this all work?
Mutliple tuners work very well in GBPVR.

If you are intending to control multiple STB's however, you will need to install Tim Moore's firestb package to change channels on your STB's via firewire since only one blaster can be configured at a time.
philly_phenom Wrote:Mutliple tuners work very well in GBPVR.

If you are intending to control multiple STB's however, you will need to install Tim Moore's firestb package to change channels on your STB's via firewire since only one blaster can be configured at a time.

I figured it would work, but I guess my main question and concern is with channel changing. The HDPVR will be used with a STB and the 1600 will be straight analog cable hooked up right to the tuner. Any suggestion on what I should use for channel changing both? Will I need two separate devices and two remotes to change channels?
You'll only need one remote to control GB-PVR, and it'll automatically know whether it needs to us ethe HVR1600's tuner, or the HDPVR+IR Blaster+STB.
sub Wrote:You'll only need one remote to control GB-PVR, and it'll automatically know whether it needs to us ethe HVR1600's tuner, or the HDPVR+IR Blaster+STB.

sounds good.....so would the usb-uirt be what I'm looking for? can I use firestb this way and still channel change the 1600? what about setting up a remote for both?
The HDPVR has an IR Blaster it can use for controlling your STB. Alternatively you can use firestb (from what I've ready).

If the HVR1600 is recording regular analog cable, connected directly to the card, then it doesnt need an IR Blaster.
cool...i get my HDPVR tomorrow and Im antsy as hell to get it...I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes..