NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EWA from personal website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I found a tutorial once on how to access EWA from a personal website. I cannot find it again, can someone help?
Fyvve Wrote:I found a tutorial once on how to access EWA from a personal website. I cannot find it again, can someone help?

I mean without just linking to the external web address.

Edit: This is what i was looking for
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Netwo...pApacheCLI

Except its actually not quite what i wanted. I am using IIS to serve my site but that link does the same thing i want to do. Basically i want to link to the GBPVR web admin page without going to a specific port. Anyone have an idea on how to do this?
I tried using Apache as a reverse proxy, but the results were not acceptable. I think the new version of Apache may have better support, but I have not tried it again.
Fyvve Wrote:I mean without just linking to the external web address.

Edit: This is what i was looking for
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Netwo...pApacheCLI

Except its actually not quite what i wanted. I am using IIS to serve my site but that link does the same thing i want to do. Basically i want to link to the GBPVR web admin page without going to a specific port. Anyone have an idea on how to do this?

Setup the web subdirectory in GBPVR as a virtual directory (with a name e.g. gbpvr) in IIS. As long as you specify the default document in IIS, you can go to EWA by browing to yoursite.com/gbpvr.
You need to give ASPNET account permissions on that subdirectory.
Has worked for me great, without having to open additional ports to the outside.
Hi there

I'm also looking to do this, would I have to use IIS or Apache or is there other web servers I could use?

Thanks in advance.
*edit* I figured out that it seems to work with Abyss web server, I much more lightweight web server.

Thanks!
Hmm scratch that seem to be getting errors in the web interface. Will try IIS now.
haripj Wrote:Setup the web subdirectory in GBPVR as a virtual directory (with a name e.g. gbpvr) in IIS. As long as you specify the default document in IIS, you can go to EWA by browing to yoursite.com/gbpvr.
Has worked for me great, without having to open additional ports to the outside.

Hmm I tried what you said, still couldnt get it to work...any ideas? Coming up with a page not found, but IIS is working as I get get to the default IIS page fine.
haripj Wrote:Setup the web subdirectory in GBPVR as a virtual directory (with a name e.g. gbpvr) in IIS. As long as you specify the default document in IIS, you can go to EWA by browing to yoursite.com/gbpvr.

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said but all i can get is a directory listing of everything in my gbpvr folder. Im not sure what you mean by aspnet account permissions either. Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Edit: Well, got past that problem but now i get the Runtime Error:
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

The only way i know to view the actual error its having is to make the error happen when i am on the local machine. Obviously thats not going to work for me in this case since i am trying to access the EWA remotely. Any suggestions?
I followed this (http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=22346) but was still unable to get it working. Will give up until tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 3 4