NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OSD sample on the NMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should give you an idea of what the OSD will look like on the PCH

http://www.youtube.com/v/S1P5TKgq0ys

During this sample the video is streaming in the background so the only missing piece is being able to send the video to the hardware. There's lots of CPU left too, this is running about 25% CPU and sub hasn't even had his hands on it to do optimize it.

Martin
Looks good. It would be nice to see it on the video.
LiveTV from the guide would have made a bit more exciting demo, except as soon as I try the svideo that I am recording turns into the live tv.

Martin
That looks great!

Has there been any indication from PCH, Syabas, etc. that support for 3rd party apps sending video to the hardware is in the future?
Great progress, Martin. Well done.
Thanks,

Webghost, although Syabas and I have talked a lot they have not done anything at all to help with mvpmc coding to this point, so the short answer is no.

Lindsay, the code from mvpmc pretty much can be cut and paste into x2 so it wasn't that hard. Now psycik and ATCMS can look at their eye candy, they just can't hear anything.

Martin
This is just me being curious but since the Sigma SDK appears to be available online (however illegal it may be), I'm surprised no one has hacked together at least a proof of concept app to send data to the GPU. Is there some sort of key/encryption requirement in the Sigma hardware keeping "unlicensed" software from running?
mvallevand Wrote:Thanks,

Webghost, although Syabas and I have talked a lot they have not done anything at all to help with mvpmc coding to this point, so the short answer is no.

Lindsay, the code from mvpmc pretty much can be cut and paste into x2 so it wasn't that hard. Now psycik and ATCMS can look at their eye candy, they just can't hear anything.

Martin

LOL eye candy is half the battle!!

Good work mvallevand.
Webghost I have never seen any source on how to use DirectFB in the Sigma environment. To use the RUA SDK would be a step backwards. You can tell the difference in quality by looking at the OSD in typical videos and in the DVD (and CD) player.

Martin
I took this OSD only version of mvpmcx2 and saved the output to a file as I changed channels. I then added my own mux before sending it to the PCH player and these are the results.

http://www.youtube.com/v/KHA0AvDCQY8

Simply appending the streams is impossible the resulting file won't even play with vlc/mplayer and surpsing it played a bit better on the PCH.

So I have no doubt that analog playing could be as good as on the PCH as on the MVP. The problem is I cannot mux all the new mpeg capture screen types into a consistent stream. If someone has a good mix of input source and would like to test this themselves let me know.

Martin