NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXML Error 7, 55 & 52...program hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Something has recently changed and my UltraXMLTV Enhancer is not working any more. I've included my log file to show you the problem. The last time it worked properly was 7/19/08. Since then it has been hanging up when on the line "-- >>> Zula Patrol - Blast to Earth's Past; The Great Climb : No info available from theTvdb.com today..." (I don't see any obvious problem as there is no error message or anything...I just have noticed my listings have not been enhanced)

This evening (7/24/08) I tried downloading the most recent version of UltraXMLTV hoping my problem might be something that had come up before and is fixed in a new version. The error handling seems to work better as it now gives me a couple of dialog boxes with errors (see log for details). I click "OK" to those, but it eventually gets stuck on Error 52 and I have to terminate the program in taskmanager to get out.

I have not adjusted settings in months, so I can only assume something is different about the TV listings file I'm being fed by Schedules Direct (USA). In case it helps, I downloaded a new Schedules Direct file and attached it as well so you can see what it looks like. I had to truncate the xml file (cut from the bottom) and the log (cut from the top...oldest, but left some working date information) in order to get the zip file small enough to upload. I can also upload an older xml file from back when things were working if that would help.

Do you have any ideas how I can help UltraXMLTV get back in action?

Thanks,
Dan
dshoup Wrote:Something has recently changed and my UltraXMLTV Enhancer is not working any more. I've included my log file to show you the problem. The last time it worked properly was 7/19/08. Since then it has been hanging up when on the line "-- >>> Zula Patrol - Blast to Earth's Past; The Great Climb : No info available from theTvdb.com today..." (I don't see any obvious problem as there is no error message or anything...I just have noticed my listings have not been enhanced)

This evening (7/24/08) I tried downloading the most recent version of UltraXMLTV hoping my problem might be something that had come up before and is fixed in a new version. The error handling seems to work better as it now gives me a couple of dialog boxes with errors (see log for details). I click "OK" to those, but it eventually gets stuck on Error 52 and I have to terminate the program in taskmanager to get out.

I have not adjusted settings in months, so I can only assume something is different about the TV listings file I'm being fed by Schedules Direct (USA). In case it helps, I downloaded a new Schedules Direct file and attached it as well so you can see what it looks like. I had to truncate the xml file (cut from the bottom) and the log (cut from the top...oldest, but left some working date information) in order to get the zip file small enough to upload. I can also upload an older xml file from back when things were working if that would help.

Do you have any ideas how I can help UltraXMLTV get back in action?

Thanks,
Dan

I'll have a look. So that xml file that's included in your ZIP is an example of the problem file?

What options do you have set for epguides and tvdb ?
Interestingly, this morning UltraXMLTV ran just fine and gave me 2 weeks of enhanced listings :eek:...:p. After seeing this, I tried copying the old problemed xml file over the xmltv.xml file and running UltraXMLTV...it still causes UltraXMLTV to hang up Sad. However, the problem may just go away if whatever makes these two files different is now a thing of the past (I'm still blaming Schedules Direct). I included a truncated copy of the XMLTV.xml.BeforeProcess and the last day's worth from the log file (shows the results of this morning's successful run) in case you are interested. You may still want to work on this for the purpose of debuging your program to deal with goofy things Schedules Direct may do, but I don't want you to feel any urgency to help me as things appear to be working today (and I now have listings for at least the next 14 days). However, I'm responding to your questions below in case you still want to pursue this.

zehd Wrote:I'll have a look. So that xml file that's included in your ZIP is an example of the problem file?

Yes, the xml file I uploaded yesterday is the pre-UltraXML file that causes the program to hang. It still causes UltraXMLTV to hang if I try to run it on this morning even after the new listings that downloaded today worked...so it seems the problem must relate to something in the file rather than a system/software problem. If you are going to work on this and want the untruncated problemed file, let me know...it would be small enough to upload if I didn't load it with any other files.

zehd Wrote:What options do you have set for epguides and tvdb ?

I've attached my UltraXMLTV_RegSettings.txt file and taken screen shots of the configuration of UltraXMLTV.
dshoup Wrote:Interestingly, this morning UltraXMLTV ran just fine and gave me 2 weeks of enhanced listings :eek:...:p. After seeing this, I tried copying the old problemed xml file over the xmltv.xml file and running UltraXMLTV...it still causes UltraXMLTV to hang up Sad. However, the problem may just go away if whatever makes these two files different is now a thing of the past (I'm still blaming Schedules Direct). I included a truncated copy of the XMLTV.xml.BeforeProcess and the last day's worth from the log file (shows the results of this morning's successful run) in case you are interested. You may still want to work on this for the purpose of debuging your program to deal with goofy things Schedules Direct may do, but I don't want you to feel any urgency to help me as things appear to be working today (and I now have listings for at least the next 14 days). However, I'm responding to your questions below in case you still want to pursue this.

Yes, the xml file I uploaded yesterday is the pre-UltraXML file that causes the program to hang. It still causes UltraXMLTV to hang if I try to run it on this morning even after the new listings that downloaded today worked...so it seems the problem must relate to something in the file rather than a system/software problem. If you are going to work on this and want the untruncated problemed file, let me know...it would be small enough to upload if I didn't load it with any other files.

I've attached my UltraXMLTV_RegSettings.txt file and taken screen shots of the configuration of UltraXMLTV.

If you don't mind I might as well have the full file for my testing too.

BTW it will be a few days before I can have an answer
zehd Wrote:If you don't mind I might as well have the full file for my testing too.

BTW it will be a few days before I can have an answer

Here's the complete file...hope it helps. And no worries about how long it takes, things ran successfully again this morning, so I'm optimistic that my troubles are over.
Well well.

So I was starting to have some of these problems too and I finally had some time to look into it.

Low and behold, I couldn't get the error. I used a new download, sample files, that 'included' the error, tried everything...

I realize it's probably a fleeting moment when something just isn't working, but can go away by itself.

I think there may be two things going on: There is a weird listing downloaded that chokes Ultra, or it may also be the epguides and tvdb.com sites that aren't acting nicely during the download.

My problem is that when I wake up and notice that Ultra has halted on an error (and will continue if you press OK) that it still takes another hour to complete and I don't have the time then.

What I really need to do is kill my autoupdate procedures and start running an enhancement manually within my dev tools so when I get the error I can break and look at the code.

In the meantime, I need some help from anyone that has a fleeting error like described here.

First, when you see a popup error, make not of the number and what it says. Also, you should be able to see at which record out of total records, that Ultra has halted.

Zip and attach your Ultra reg settings, and the XML before processing file to me immediately. I will try my best to look at it as soon as it happens...
While working on another problem, I discovered a bug in my code that could have caused some of these errors. I've fixed it.

Give it a try!
I wish I could help further (especially since I was the one that started you on this goose chase...), but my system has worked flawlessly since the day I first posted the problem here (isn't that always the way it goes). If I have a problem in the future, I will post everything ASAP, but I'm thinking whatever situation caused the problem (Sched Direct, Tvdb, or whatever) has stopped doing whatever was causing the issue. I sure do appreciate your interest in making this plugin such a wonderful tool!
Ok, the problem has resurfaced. Originally, I had stayed with v 1.2.87 of your program as things were working once again. Yesterday, when I noticed I was having problems again, I downloaded v1.2.93 to give it a try. With the new version I still get the problem, but the first error is different (error 14 rather than 7). It still gives error 55 and then and infinite number of error 52 as it did before (I have to use task manager to kill the program to get out). I also noticed if I uncheck "Get Ep Info for ALL Programs (VERY SLOW)" the program runs to completion...so it must have something to do with fetching Ep info. It has always listed Zula Patrol as the last show for which it looked for episode info in the log file...don't know if that helps or not, but it was something I noticed. I'm uploading my UltraXMLTV_RegSettings.txt, a problemed XML listings file from a day ago, and my Log file (log is its own zip file...too large to upload if I include it in the other zip). You will see several runs from 8/16 and 8/17. The ones that worked were ones where I did not download all episode info but just my short list (I've uploaded this as well so you can see what is listed...interestingly, it appears to be downloading Bob the Builder ep info even though it is not in the list). Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Again, I do not consider this an emergency, so you can take your time (or chose to forgo it entirely if I'm the only one experiencing this issue). I'll just run the program without using the "get Ep Info for all programs" option in the mean time (not as cool in the "wow" factor, but totally functional for my needs).
dshoup Wrote:Ok, the problem has resurfaced. Originally, I had stayed with v 1.2.87 of your program as things were working once again. Yesterday, when I noticed I was having problems again, I downloaded v1.2.93 to give it a try. With the new version I still get the problem, but the first error is different (error 14 rather than 7). It still gives error 55 and then and infinite number of error 52 as it did before (I have to use task manager to kill the program to get out). I also noticed if I uncheck "Get Ep Info for ALL Programs (VERY SLOW)" the program runs to completion...so it must have something to do with fetching Ep info. It has always listed Zula Patrol as the last show for which it looked for episode info in the log file...don't know if that helps or not, but it was something I noticed. I'm uploading my UltraXMLTV_RegSettings.txt, a problemed XML listings file from a day ago, and my Log file (log is its own zip file...too large to upload if I include it in the other zip). You will see several runs from 8/16 and 8/17. The ones that worked were ones where I did not download all episode info but just my short list (I've uploaded this as well so you can see what is listed...interestingly, it appears to be downloading Bob the Builder ep info even though it is not in the list). Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Again, I do not consider this an emergency, so you can take your time (or chose to forgo it entirely if I'm the only one experiencing this issue). I'll just run the program without using the "get Ep Info for all programs" option in the mean time (not as cool in the "wow" factor, but totally functional for my needs).

First may I suggest that you delete the log file when it gets really big. I don't have logic to check for this, and maybe I will add it because it HAS to add overhead, but in the meantime...

Second, you've described the situation that tells me that eguides is messing up. I will try to add logic to detect and skip, but this is a needle in the haystack that is always moving. it works for me...
Pages: 1 2 3