NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to use network shares in Video Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In "Video Library" I have 3 folders listed.
2 are local and one is a network share \\server\share
On the MVP all the folders show up BUT I can only browse the 2 local ones. IF I try and go into the remote/share it doesn't error it jsut sits there and does nothing. On my box that has GBPVR installed all three work as expected.
Allatached are my logs. I am currently running 1.2.9 but same issue happens in 1.2.13. Anyone have any suggestions?
Have a look in services (control Panel, services) and change your "GBPVR Recording service" from LocalSystem to a local user that is allowed to sing on the machine (the administrator is a good one).

The LocalSystem account is not allowed to access the network.
The local system can access the network if the drives have guest shares and you use \\xx.xx.xx.xx\sharename format and not a drive letter.

Martin
That did it. After I changed the service/username it works like a charm.

Thanks
I may as well toss a problem into this thread since it's here. I have a few network drives for Video Library, but only one won't let me browse its subfolders. Its main folder is fine, but clicking on a subfolder for it in GBPVR sends me back to the main screen. I don't see any Windows XP special network options that I may have missed or anything. I know it must be something dumb, but I don't know what.
Is this on a PCH or MVP, or a client PC?

The only thing I can think of (and you should try in by browsing the shares - try a client or just connectng to the server with another mahcine - try and make the connection credentials the same as the PCH/MVP) is the permissions you set for the root share directory are not propagated to the sub folders? Or one of the sub folders has a character in it the is causing a problem.
hmm, just re-read, you mention you get kicked back to the main screen, when I've shut down a machine by accident, and try clicking on the share from that machine, it just takes ages to timeout then it stays where it is effectively. Kicking back to the main screen Ive normally seen with some sort of skin error etc. You'd probably have to post the logs (pvrx2.exe.log) or mvp-pvrx2.exe.log. And it might warrant a new thread...