NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Calling all zinc users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just had to go through rebuilding my GBPVR main PC. It has shown me that some of the emulators are not easy to get going the first one I have come across is Zinc, its a pig to get working particularly with the controllers. so I am going to look at re-doing the zinc integration, I am also not too happy at how long it takes to show all the games for zinc so I will see if that can be improved.

As I add more emulators to my main PC I will look for improvements. My hat goes off to the people who got Zinc working in Gamezone!!
OK some good news and some bad news.
Delving into the Zinc code has made em realise that parts of the code were not working as they should have been, I have now corrected this.
The games are only supposed to show up if all the files they rely on are also their this was the bit that was not working. Once I got this working (here's the bad news) I noticed that the base database has an error in it, which will need correcting, this could be achieved manually or programattically it could also be solved by going to the next major release and re-issuing the base installation pack..

I am currently toying with the idea of making some more larger code changes to improve the look and going to version 3, this will mean a long wait as its quite alot of effort, but it will give me a chance to sort out quite a few issues that are around.