NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Popcorn Hour products
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed on http://www.popcornhour.com that they are taking advances order on a couple of new products. Although it's not really news because a NZ website leaked this long ago, the pricing might be of interest.

What this will mean for mvpmcx2 users is not clear, ie how is the firmware being released, but I still think the basic A100 meets the needs of most GB-PVR users who want a diskless solution.

Martin
Looks like the news has brought their forum to it's knees Wink
I have looked up prices of the PCH-100 at the distributors in the Euro-zone. The vary from 189-250 Euro. The 179 USD standard price converts to 115 Euro today. I appreciate that EU distributors are faced with quite high VAT, but more than double the original price seems hardly justifiable.
The UK has traditionally been called "rip off Britain" where the dollar sign is replaced by the pound sign.

However, don't forget the postage:-
PopcornHour USD179.00
Shipping & Handling (International) : USD45.00
Total: USD224.00

And the import tax UKP 21 (USD41.00)

So it all adds up. .. (to USD 245)
I'm just glad that 1$ CDN is almost par now. I used to get teased by the "low" American prices.

What is most telling now is what a bargain the MVP always was in comparison to other media extenders. The PCH could be considered a bargain in comparison to its current competitor the TViX 6500 which is over € 400.00 and it doesn't run emulation mode (they never responded to my email).

Martin
martint123 Wrote:So it all adds up. .. (to USD 245)
Which is a decent 157 Euro and not the 250 that some charge. Wired MediaMVP is around 100 EUR here.
mvallevand Wrote:What is most telling now is what a bargain the MVP always was in comparison to other media extenders.

Indeed - the MVP probaby changed this households viewing habits as much, if not more, than gbpvr itself. It's responsiveness still beats the PCH and if it wasn't for me getting a fancy TV and HD tuner, the MVP would still be the main player.

If Hauppauge had done a better job with their initial software and marketing it could and should have ruled the world at that price.
I want to see what their new remote looks like.
They said it would be available for purchase for existing PCH owners.
So the main advantage of the PCH-A110 is the Optical Out and SATA connector.

Still probably the same firmware - and I hope they don't think about dropping support for the pch-a100.
martint123 Wrote:It's responsiveness still beats the PCH and if it wasn't for me getting a fancy TV and HD tuner, the MVP would still be the main player.

I think if you are getting better responsiveness with the MVP something is wrong with your setup.

Quote:I want to see what their new remote looks like.

Here is egreat's new one. http://www.mpcclub.com/newspic/m31b_remote.gif

Quote:Still probably the same firmware

The NMT firmware is still going to be the same. All the model really just modify linux core and the hardware.

Martin
Pages: 1 2