NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Black screen on channel change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

sometimes starting a thread is painful but I am in pain.

Hope I'm posting in the right forum but it is a prob I seem to have with MVP's.

After various issues with my server decided to do a ground build up with PVRX2 v 1.2.13.

I've been using PVRX2 (GBPVR!) for a while now and am used to some foibles but wanted to consolidate this install step by step to get it working really well.

So to this end clean rebuild etc etc.

MVP problem is with LiveTV. Channel change works 2 or 3 times on the MVP then locks up, sometimes I get the audio but no picture, sometimes nothing at all.

Am running Martin's latest MVPMC dongle, have upped MVP LiveTV time to over 2000ms and have detagged Live Preview in Config.

Still no joy but bet me being silly somewhere :confused:

Steeb
Duplicate the problem and compress and upload your logs. If your are running digital capture, youu should count on having lots of problems with the MVP.

Martin
Hi Martin,

Quote:Duplicate the problem and compress and upload your logs.

Well yes can do but why? Concerning this:

Quote:If your are running digital capture, youu should count on having lots of problems with the MVP.

First I've heard of this, why prob with MVP, digital capture (me on DVB-S) etc etc?

Cheers

Steeb
1. Before starting a thread I guess you should know the rules, (plus I shouldn't have to explain why I want something)

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=16767

2. I wrote my thoughts on digital here 'nuff said

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=36526

Martin
Quote:1. Before starting a thread I guess you should know the rules,

Martin not sure what I did wrong here I know the rules:

Quote:Make your thread title and description useful!!
It's really pointless to post just a message saying GBPVR is broke!!.
At least if you're going to post that, say that GBPVR is broke in Live TV, or in Music Library. Try and give some indication in the title of what you were doing when the error occured.

Quote:Make sure your description gives as much information as you can about the problem, otherwise I'm likely to ignore your question.

I've posted many times before how can:

"MVP Black Screen on Channel Change be vague?"

Quote:(plus I shouldn't have to explain why I want something)

What is it you want?

Quote:2. I wrote my thoughts on digital here 'nuff said

NO not 'nuff said, I just read through it and I can't see how that applies to me, please tell me.

BTW your dongle rocks

Cheers

Steeb
You weren't vague if you upload your logs I will tell you why I think it's failing.

Martin
OK Martin,

for my own sense just going to check how channel change runs on the server 1st. If I get to pass 4 channels then must be MVP with prob? Will make sure I try the DVB-S cards along the way as you think potential difficulty there?

Cheers

Steeb
The server test won't really be any value unless it finds "bad" channels. It is very unlikely that it is the MVP problem (or more correctly mvpmc in your case)

Martin
Hi Martin,

Quote:The server test won't really be any value unless it finds "bad" channels.

OK so should I not bother running stuff on the server to test?

Quote:It is very unlikely that it is the MVP problem (or more correctly mvpmc in your case)

Martin I am 100% certain that my prob is not with MVPMC BUT I'm working my way back through options and I only started to get errors when I booted up the MVP.

Once again Martin, you are a Star, and your dongle kicks Big Grin

Going to have to work my through this one BMS.

Cheers

Steeb
Oddly enough a friend had this same problem with the new mvpmc dongle, everything worked fine when he changed back to the Hauppauge dongle but using the new mvpmc dongle locked on channel changing (even by going back to the tv guide first) SD digital channels & cyberlink mux & analog. He had his dvb-s card twice in config once at the top for recording from first & once at the bottom for live tv & found that by disabling the top card fixed the problem....not saying this is your problem.
Pages: 1 2 3