NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Movie Froze Last Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watching an MKV last night on the PCH. At about 20 minutes into the movie, it just froze. The PCH was unresponsive. I had to pull the plug and allow it to restart. I didn't go back into GBPVR after that. I went into Swisscenter to finish watching it. Do you think this was a GBPVR problem or a PCH problem?

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Given that GBPVR and SwissCenter both use mono to play mkv's, it probably isn't related to the server. If anything GBPVR is lighter on the PCH because gaya isn't running as a background task and GBPVR's web server is slightly better with the PCH than Simese too.

Compress and upload your GBPVR logs if you still have them and I will have a look.

Martin
The logs are already in the original post. I guess you missed it. Thanks
Sorry I did miss it. You have not made the settings change in config.xml to indicate you are a PCH so you got this message and GBPVR disconnects.

Code:
2008-08-08 19:17:23.562    VERBOSE    [6]    MVP data taking too long, connection must have been dropped!

If as it seems you are using Vista make sure you edit config.xml by running as administrator.

Martin
What change do I have to make to config.xml?

I thought I already made all the necessary changes. I've been running GBPVR from the PCH for a while and never had an issue. I guess I missed one Wink

I am running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.
Step D.3 of the guide.

Martin
I had the changes, but I had it at the bottom of the config.xml file. I moved it under the Default in MVPSettings. Is that correct?

Also, now when I try to run Telnet or GBPVR from telnetd it says "cannot complete request". I think I had this before and rebooting the server corrected the issue. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Note: My server is not logged on. Is there a way to check if PVRX2.exe is hung up?
That sounds correct. Sub distributes a file called config-master.dont-edit-me.xml that show the proper syntax.

The only way I lnow to tell if the PVRx2 server is hung up is to look at the logs and if a new one hasn't opened up it might be hung. For me rebooting the PCH is the best reset, rebooting the server doesn't do anything. Of course if you manually edit the config.xml you will need to restart the recording service for the changes to take place. I don't think I have had to reboot my Vista server to recover from a GBPVR/MVP problem in a year and at that it was a few problems with QAM.

Martin
OK...I'll try restarting the PCH.

Thanks
I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get GBPVR to work on the PCH. I was going crazy. Then I took a look at the CGI files and noticed they had been modified. To make a long story short, my 5 year old daughter was typing in Edit Pad. Guess what she typed over and saved :mad:

Obviously, once I got it working again I locked down the share!!!

I am running the movie I was watching last night to see if it freezes again.
Pages: 1 2