NextPVR Forums

Full Version: The perrennial sound problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to get the NMT to default to audio channel 2 so we get sound from AC3 recordings? Pressing the audio button is a bit low rent.
Doesn't it only do that the first time? Mine seems to remember to use track 2 - but I never turn mine off....
Very quick reply!!
Nah, keeps on defaulting to ch1. Mine doesn't get powered off between seesions.
GB-PVR doesnt have any control over this. You'd probably have to ask Syabas on the NMT forums to put in some smarter logic in place to default to a stream that they can actually play, rather that choosing an audio format that gives no audio.
I'm sure mine doesn't I know ive been watching a bit of the HD broadcasts for the olympics. But can't remember if i've stopped it and looked at something else, and then gone back to HD....actually I did do that yesterday.

Looked at NCIS on HD, then off satellite, and then Back to HD, and it remembered what sound channel to use.
Yes, you are right. Just did some more detailed 'research' and it did remember the ch2 setting.

Will switch to recording TV1 with DVB-T/AC3 to see how we go.

Thanks for help.
I doubt mono is able to remember what audio pid to play, one of the reason it is slow to start is all the initialization. Also I don't think that Syabas can do much if the logic says that the format is DTS because this is a supported format.

For someone with very little digital choice this would be a nice problem to have Smile

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Also I don't think that Syabas can do much if the logic says that the format is DTS because this is a supported format.
If the file has AAC-LATM audio and AC3 audio, and mono knows it cant play AAC-LATM, then it would be nice for Syabas to default to the AC3 audio.
Agreed. I am not sure that it even detects LATM though mine still say DTS but I don't have any new format files. Even then I'm not sure at the higher level the tables distinguish all the AAC containers.

Martin
My idea of recording in DVB-T mode has one huge snag, of course. I can't edit it. Nice and easy to chop start, end and adverts out if it is mpg. But NZ TS??? What solutions exist? (Thought I was good with VideoRedo but it looks for mpg within the TS file).
Pages: 1 2