NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Plug-in Development Tutorial Available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a tutorial that I put together to explain how to create a simple plugin from nothing. The tutorial uses Visual Studio.NET 2003, so some parts might not translate to other development environments.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gbpvrwi....ownload
excellent work, thanks...I think this will get me off the ground, will look more at it tonight..
I am using sharp develop and i keep getting an error saying resources not found check setup...Jason??
There are some info on how to add resources in SharpDevelop in this thread
That talks about references not resources???
I don't have a clue. The one time that I fired up SharpDevelop, it came right up for me. Maybe try reinstalling SharpDevelop, because it seems to be looking for something that it needs to run and is not finding it.

As an alternative, you could try to provide more information about everything that you did that led to this error (i.e., if you were able to start walking through the tutorial, which step gave you the problem). You were pretty sparse in the details.

I could never getthe SharpDev resource editor to work for me so I could never comilpe code that incldued config screens. It sounds like you are maybe having the same problem. I've seen screen shots with SharpDev doing drag & drop GUI development so I assume it supprots it, but I never could figure out how to get it working.

Jeff
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (darrin75 @ Jan. 09 2005,04:17)]That talks about references not resources???
maybe it does, maybe it doesn't  [Image: smile.gif] But it was all that was needed to get SD going for me... maybe a reinstall is the only way out, what does the help file say about resources?

same page:
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (dottore @ Aug. 30 2004,16:52)]i did following:

i imported the jukebox-plugin-source, then renamed the cs-files in the project-tab. then i clicked right on references in the project-tab (NOT the main - menu, must be the project-tab). sorry, i wrote about resources, but it is called reference. in the popup-window, i chose .net assembly browser, then search.... then i pointed to the gbpvrpublic.dll. just click ok and the reference is made.

do the same with gbpvrbackendcommon. this should work. if you want to use the comics-plugin, just overwrite the *Task.cs and the *ConfigForm.cs with the ones from the comics-plugin.

hope that helps!
I got it working some time ago, and I'm pretty sure that's the thread that helped me...

Ok i finally got going. what kind of source do i need for videos