NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ultrastar Deluxe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you would like to have Kareoke at your next party, then checkout Ultrastar Deluxe. Its a free singstar clone which is really great fun, and works great through Xtra Emulators.
I am not much into Karaoke but the wife and kids may enjoy it. Thanks, I will give it a try! Are the songs considered the ROM files?
No, even simplerer than that Big Grin

just add Name and Executable to Xtraemulator with the Argument field left blank. This will start up ultrastar, I have also used IR server suite to map my remote for the basic arrow keys and select buttons.

Really is quite fun, and believe me I am C**p at singing
I setup the game last night and while I don't have a mic yet, it's quite impressive. I found that they recommend using SingStar PSX2 USB Microphones for your mic set:

http://ultrastardeluxe.xtremeweb-hosting...dware:list

So I need to see if I can find it and try it out since it has Blue and Red mics for 2 player mode. Having the videos play in the background while singing is pretty cool.

What is the IR server suite you speak about? Thanks!

ViperDragon
you road to remote freedom may start here.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33633

its quite easy to setup
Thanks for the link. I will have to experiment with it when I have some extra time. I managed to get some mics for the game (the SingStar PS2 USB set, had them used at GameStop for $10). Wife tried it out tonight and it works! Now to get the guts to try and sing my heart out (probably when no one else is home!). Thanks again! :-)

ViperDragon
idkpmiller Wrote:No, even simplerer than that Big Grin

just add Name and Executable to Xtraemulator with the Argument field left blank. This will start up ultrastar, I have also used IR server suite to map my remote for the basic arrow keys and select buttons.

Really is quite fun, and believe me I am C**p at singing
hey!

I tried like you said about Ultrastar but I don´t get it t to startup at all. I added the name and the executable in Xtraemulator but when I click on the name nothing happens I just get a empty folder.

Am I doing something wrong?
well as I put ultrastar deluxe on such a long time ago I deleted my entry and re-added it and it worked fine. see image.

if yours is configured the same and not working and assuming you have tested it by clicking on the executable from windows explorer directly it does work then zip up your logs after enabling the "insane debug logs" on the General tab (within gamezone config) and setting the logging level to debug under gbpvr.

It should be working gamezone is pretty stable nowadays and just works for most people, although I haven't tested with non-english language windows! could that be the problem?

Cheers
I see now that I only have the 2.4 version. Tried to download 2.9 but got this message Insufficient privileges to perform action. Can you help me to download the patch?

I tried the english language instead of the swedish and I get the same thing... I only see the songs in the Ultra Deluxe.

Can it be that I don´t have the patch installed that is causing this?
I found the 9.2 patch and I installed it BUT now i got a new problem isntead with UltraStar. I click on it and I get abck to the main menu for some reason
Pages: 1 2