NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EWA missing channels in web interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GBPVR: 1.2.13

In GB-PVRX2 UI, all channels and EPG are visible, but in web interface it shows only 4 channels (out of 7) and no other channels visible nor Episode Search doesn't find anything in "missing" channels guide. But on Manual Recording EWA is able to record from "missing" channels... In windows UI it is all ok, but problem is in web interface.

Anything wrong in setup/config? It is clean gbpvr setup.

br!
Already figured it out. If DVB-T channel is missing EPG for current time window (ie. no shows running currently) then EWA won't show channel at all. I guess that this is a bug and should be fixed in next releases of EWA...
lif Wrote:Already figured it out. If DVB-T channel is missing EPG for current time window (ie. no shows running currently) then EWA won't show channel at all. I guess that this is a bug and should be fixed in next releases of EWA...

Not a bug.

As you stated if there are no programmes on a channel for the timeperiod you are viewing then the channel will not show. The Guide is built by calling the GBPVR API to bring back all available programmes for a given time period. These results are sorted into channel/time order and the Guide is built from the results.
In my case, there is no EPG (yet) for anyone of the channels Sad So EWA doesnt show any channels either. Would it be too much to ask for an option where EWA can show the TV Guide just like in PVRX2: channel names/logos in the leftmost column and blank program info?
Khurram Wrote:In my case, there is no EPG (yet) for anyone of the channels Sad So EWA doesnt show any channels either. Would it be too much to ask for an option where EWA can show the TV Guide just like in PVRX2: channel names/logos in the leftmost column and blank program info?

EWA works differently that PVRX2. It utilizes the public API for displaying programme and guide information as well as for recording.

When the guide is built EWA asks the API to provide all the programme information between time x and time y, it takes the returned data and then builds the guide.

Since there is no data returned by the API there is no guide to build.

PVRX2 (being the main programme) reads the database itself and therefore can display an empty guide.

Although EWA could be programmed to do the same we have always kept it aligned to use API functionality rather than native db calls. It makes it easier to maintain and assures that EWA interaction does not adversely impact the GBPVR environment.