NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXMLTV Enhancer and "special character"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There seems to be a problem with the way the Enhancer treats some special characters in the descriptions, namely the dash character "-" It's being rendered as ampersand #226;€“" in the recording dump.xml.
Mike S Wrote:There seems to be a problem with the way the Enhancer treats some special characters in the descriptions, namely the dash character "-" It's being rendered as ampersand #226;€“" in the recording dump.xml.

Would you be able to quote the string literally. What you have looks like there might be typos...

And give me a text clip of before and after Enhnacer, pls...
I think it has something to do with the data on TVDB. It doesn't happen on all special characters but this description is from Two and a half Men S03E21 The apostrophe takes a hit. The dash character above is from Good Eats S11E01. The last Jake below displays correctly in UTF8 but looks like this in ANSI and pvrx2. Other descriptions on other shows display the apostrophe correctly.

Jake’s teacher

Jakeâ??s teacher has a meeting with Alan and Judith to discuss the lack of interest Jake has at school. Alan starts to fall for Francine, in a platonic way, because he is tired of the lack of intelligent communication he has with Kandi.

Jake’s
Are you using the mc2xml? I am, and the data already comes with apostrophes, rather than escaped characters (which are allowed and used in some XMLTV feeds)

I would really like to see your original unprocessed XMLTV file..

I actually think there's something going on with your codepages on your system..

EDIT: Don't bother. I found the issue. I suspect that there will be a few more of these in coming weeks. The authors of the TVDB pages (amateur users) are not consistent and use one of the many variations of apostrophes and dashes available in the codepage. I found an easy way to catch them and translate.

Thanks for telling me exactly which season, episode and title you were having trouble with. That made things very easy...

The new version is up on the wiki (.96)
It had to be something like that. I noticed once the episode number lookup didn't work because of spelling errors in the TVDB subtitle. Still great project though as are your programs.