NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Will GB-Pvr work with Ati Wonder HD 650 Pci (Ntsc/Atsc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,
Could anyone tell me if GB-Pvr will work with
Ati Wonder HD 650 PCI (Ntsc/Atsc)
Will it do Analog?
Thanks in Advance
Greyfoxx
It should do.

You'd be better off sticking to a common card like a Hauppauge one though.
Hi Sub,
Thanks for the advice.
I had a HVR 1600 but the drivers would not Load.
Tried from the CD,and the Website,don't remember the Exact Error
but something like "Cannot load the Drivers,Program will now Exit"
It Disappeared from the Screen,and that was it.
I don't know if I should try one again,I agree that it could be my Fault
I Did not Know to much about GB-Pvr to Start with,but I know More Now.
I like GB-Pvr very Much,have Directories Working,Video,Music,Photos
As I Live in Canada,and we will have Analog until 2012,I would like a Card
that will do Analog and Digital.
There were NO Tv-Card drivers on the System before I tried the 1600.
You have a Great Product there,I just hope I can use it.
Thanks again for all your help.
Greyfoxx
I remember seeing your filtercheck.log file recently and it had HVR1600 drivers installed at that stage.

Otherwise I'd try uninstalling the drivers than running the Hauppauge hcwClear utility, then reinstall the drivers.
Hi Sub,
I had taken the 1600 back.
Right now I have NO card installed,or Drivers Visable.
Given what you know,would you retry the 1600 or go for
Something else.
I know I'm asking a lot.
Thanks Again
Greyfoxx
To honest I dont know.

If you hadnt already had this history, then I absolutely would have recommended going Hauppauge. I have no way of knowing if there is something about your machine that doesnt like the HVR1600 cards or their drivers.
Hi Sub,
Thanks again for your Help.
I will have to think a bit more
Hoping to use GB-Pvr in the near Furure.
Greyfoxx
I have the ATI 650 card here, and I do have it working right now, though it didn't just start off working, and I'm not totally sure what I did exactly to fix it. I was playing around with installing and uninstalling the ATI software and the 'newest version' on the website, and messing around with removing versions of PowerDVD and registering and unregistering files and at some point it just started going, and now I'm not sure what was wrong in the first place.

I can receive both analog TV and digital TV both in pvrx2 using this card.

There don't have the remote control working with the pvrx2 program. The driver I found was for the old gbprv.exe front end and I don't know if I can get it going with the new interface.
Hi Cathrynm,
Thanks for your input.
I'm still debating about trying the 1600 again or the Ati HD 650.
Thanks Again
Greyfoxx
I have both running in the same machine and if the ATI wasn't given to my to test for Microsoft, I wouldn't use it. It's not nearly as good as the 1600. You'll find more software will work with Hauppauge than almost any other card and though they aren't updating drivers as often as other companies, they are usually very stable.
My biggest problem is ATSC. Works perfect with the 1600 but I can't seem to get it to work with the ATI. I believe it to be a conflict in Vista between Media Center and the ATI drivers. ATI drivers take over everything.
Pages: 1 2