NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Wiki capture card list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have notice quite a few messages from new users recently that their card is not listed on the wiki & think it is probably time we reviewed that page.

I have extracted a list of all the digital(I think it is only digital??) cards from the bda.ini but can't think of the best way to add this list to the wiki apart from just attaching the list which is a bit (as sub would put it) "Yuck"
Yeah I agree, that page was way out of date, so I've given it a quick edit. I have just posted a simple plain text list of cards, but that'll do - I hate wasting too much time in the wiki.
Gee I didn't expect that!
I agree with you totally you shouldn't waste much (if any) time on the wiki you have MUCH better things to do with your time Smile I was just asking for input on the best way of doing it......but having said that I'm POSITIVE your list is a MUCH more complete list than what I could have come up with & I must say it is a rather impressive list now isn't it Smile
Jaggy Wrote:I must say it is a rather impressive list now isn't it Smile
Yep - I was surprised just how long it was.
I assume you wouldn't object if I now (leaving the Hauppauge cards at the top) sort the rest into alpha order to make it easier for users to find their card in the list?
As long as your leave the Hauppauge card first, that'd ok.
This is likely obvious, but I like asking "obvious" questions as sometimes the answer isn't...
Hauppauge at the top? is that because they are the prefered choice? I'm looking for the next as I have a 350, and being in the states, we are all going digital soon.
Yes, Hauppauge devices are the preferred choice. These are pretty much the only devices I used for my testing, and are much better supported than other manufacturers cards.
I tried editing the capture card list on the Wiki to include my new card, which works fine with GBPVR - the card is the Technisat AirStar2-HD5000-PCI (BDA). When I try to edit the capture card list on the Wiki I get a message that says I have insufficient privileges.
I'll update that list again one day soon. I do it from the list of cards in the master copies in the bda.ini and direct.ini files.
Pages: 1 2