NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG Update: ChangeEPGSource and FixChannels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the EPG Setup Page of the wiki there is a zip that will help straighten out your channel listings...

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manual/EPG#toc40

Code:
ChangeEPGSources.zip (106713 downloads to date on Sept 19, 2008)

This zip can be used to change your TV sources (Cable to Satellite) or just when your TV Provider has changed, added or removed channels from its listings...

The batch file relied on the existence of 'gbpvr.exe'. With the newest version of GB-PVR, that file is no longer included, and the batch file would fail.

[SIZE="3"]The ChangeEPGSources batch file has been updated...[/SIZE]
hmmm,i don't see any mention of saving reoccurring extras in there..
[-export doesn't save this info] but it's really easy to do...
just export that table to a file and import back in same way.. i made a simple 2 liner that does this if you'd like...[which i run in postupdateepg.bat daily] cuz i hate to miss shows because of it and it's really hardest thing to remember about my schedules..
saveextras.bat
Code:
sqlite3 -separator "," "gbpvr.db3" "select * from REOCCURING_EXTRAS" >extras.txt
impextras.bat
Code:
sqlite3 -separator "," "gbpvr.db3" "delete from REOCCURING_EXTRAS;"
for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4,* delims=," %%a in (extras.txt) do sqlite3 -separator "," "%db%" "replace INTO REOCCURING_EXTRAS VALUES ('%%a','%%b','%%c','%%d','%%e');"
[this one deletes originals as i can't figure out how to make sqlite overwrite values properly..] tested and works great...Smile

this way the season recording stuff is exactly as you left it...Big Grin
[plus # of recordings to keep,etc]
pBS Wrote:hmmm,i don't see any mention of saving reoccurring extras in there..
[-export doesn't save this info]

Actually it does, for a few versions of GB-PVR now...
unless there's some file i haven't seen, the recording dump only saves the '#' of the recording group and the # of shows to save, not the actual extra group itself..
so if you imported into a clean system they'd all be alike, no differentiating daily/weekly/any day to record on,
Quote: <recording>
<filename>Eli Stone *</filename>
<channel>13 KTRK</channel>
<status>SEASON</status>
<group>8</group>
<prePadding>1</prePadding>
<postPadding>0</postPadding>
<startTime>0001-01-01 00:00:00</startTime>
<endTime>0001-01-01 00:00:00</endTime>
<title>Eli Stone *</title>
<uid>EP009309800009</uid>
<maxRecordings>1</maxRecordings>

notice no mention of daily/weekly/anytime? just the group# so you have to save what's in the groups yourself..
pBS Wrote:unless there's some file i haven't seen, the recording dump only saves the '#' of the recording group and the # of shows to save, not the actual extra group itself..
so if you imported into a clean system they'd all be alike, no differentiating daily/weekly/any day to record on,

notice no mention of daily/weekly/anytime? just the group# so you have to save what's in the groups yourself..

Sorry. You're right. The extras is something that I never felt was important enough to worry about. Having lost my entire list of recorded shows and Recurring schedule, 'extras' was the least of my concerns...