NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GameZone 2.9 wishlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am looking for any suggestions for GameZone 2.9

I was going to virtualise the whole thing and allow multiple instances of GameZone with user set names to be run, however this has hit a dead end in that I cannot determine the name of the dll file that is being run from within the dll itself, normally you can but not it would seem as a plugin.

So far I know of:

1. SMS like key support needs fixing
2. Dosbox may need some work
3. Images for files shown in the filelist - will be done as part of v3.0
4. Menubutton order up down selection fix required. - Done
5. Main menu wraparound - Done
6. Xtraemulators support using the display nane of the selected file (used in Final Burn Alpha) - Done

And thats all.

If that is it it would seem that I should just look at doing a minor version uppdate as its only bug fixes no additional features.

Give me your ideas and I will see what I can do.

Cheers
I have thought of something that would be more of an interface change than anything. Would it be possible to show an image for a file (as it was in focus) if one is set? I was thinking to the left above the image of the system being emulated.

An even cooler thought would be if files could be selected by selecting images (if set) instead of just file names.
easier way would be to add image to the left of the filename in the filelist, would this do?
idkpmiller Wrote:easier way would be to add image to the left of the filename in the filelist, would this do?

Yes, this would do just fine. Would you still be able to have the popup window with the image after you select the file?

Also got to thinking it would be nice to have the popup window be able to show the image and some more info in it kind of like the information for MAME. Perhaps something that we could edit from the plugin, perhaps an xml file?
can't see why not?

I would say the image in the filelist would be user enabled via the config applet. whereas the popup window is user enabled from within gamezone app. does that make sense?
idkpmiller Wrote:can't see why not?

I would say the image in the filelist would be user enabled via the config applet. whereas the popup window is user enabled from within gamezone app. does that make sense?

Makes sense to me.
I don't know if it's possible, but a way to save the current GameZone configuration would be nice. I reinstalled everything fresh on a new media center and forgot how much "fun' setting everything back up again was! :-)

When reorganizing the game categories, would it be possible to make it so when I select a category and press UP or DOWN I don't have to keep re-selecting it to keep moving it? It would be nice to be able to select a category and just press UP or DOWN repeatably to move it.

Can you fix it so you can wrap around on the Emulator selection menu? Make it so when I get to the top of the list I can still keep going up to get to the bottom selection instead of having to go back down. I know this works fine when scrolling thru the ROM listings.

Could it be possible in the PC Games section to make it so each game put in there could have their own graphic icon instead of all having the same PC icon showing? I have PC games such as Frets on Fire, NFS, LEGO Star Wars and it would be nice to have the ability to put the game logo for each one. I don't know, but would it be possible to have an option in the config where you could choose a different icon for the systems if desired? I know you can do this by renaming the graphic icon file of your choice to the same name of the graphic file set in the Skins directory.

Thanks for all your hard work on this plugin. It is definitely a must have and you have done a great job with it!

ViperDragon
Sorry, Double post!
ViperDragon Wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but a way to save the current GameZone configuration would be nice. I reinstalled everything fresh on a new media center and forgot how much "fun' setting everything back up again was! :-)

Having recently gone through a similar experience myself I know where you are coming from, the testing would be a killer though :-(

Quote:When reorganizing the game categories, would it be possible to make it so when I select a category and press UP or DOWN I don't have to keep re-selecting it to keep moving it? It would be nice to be able to select a category and just press UP or DOWN repeatably to move it.

I agree with this one, I also find it a PITA and keep forgetting to fix it :-( will add it to the list

Quote:Can you fix it so you can wrap around on the Emulator selection menu? Make it so when I get to the top of the list I can still keep going up to get to the bottom selection instead of having to go back down. I know this works fine when scrolling thru the ROM listings.

I assume you mean the menybuttons which dont wrap unfortunately I rely on wizuiutilities for the menubutton creation and last time I chaecked Wiz had not included wraparound in his DLL :-(

Quote:Could it be possible in the PC Games section to make it so each game put in there could have their own graphic icon instead of all having the same PC icon showing? I have PC games such as Frets on Fire, NFS, LEGO Star Wars and it would be nice to have the ability to put the game logo for each one. I don't know, but would it be possible to have an option in the config where you could choose a different icon for the systems if desired? I know you can do this by renaming the graphic icon file of your choice to the same name of the graphic file set in the Skins directory.

Personally I know it would look more professional and be a tiny bit slicker to do what you are suggesting, but the amount of effort is quite considerable and the valu is quite limited as it does work already with a simpy copy and rename of an image. As for the PC Games, XtraEmulators allows this feature and is IMO far better than PCGames.

Quote:Thanks for all your hard work on this plugin. It is definitely a must have and you have done a great job with it!

ViperDragon

Thanks for the great ideas, sorry I cant take them all up. but will add the ones I can.

Cheers
Hi,

I would like the system to scan subfolders from the main ROMs folder (specifically for MAME) so that I can separate out specific games types.

For instance, I have just got a lightgun and would like to have a lightgun subfolder off of MAME\ROMs with the ROMs in.

If during a database rebuild, gamezone comes across a subfolder as above, I would like it to appear at the top of the list of MAME ROMs in the UI.

Currently, I have added the ROM subfolder under extra emulators and use the same MAME.exe to run them. This way works, but I do not get the MAME info from the database.

I would also like the snap for the game to come up whilst selecting as someone else posted.
Pages: 1 2 3