NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Release: Slimm GBPVR v1.7.3191.17903
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is an update of my GBPVRTray replacement, Slimm GB-PVR.

[SIZE="5"]To install[/SIZE]:
  1. Ensure you have installed .NET Framework 2.0. It can probably be installed by accessing your Windows Update or you can follow this download link: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable
  2. Download and install SlimmGBPVR: Direct download link

[SIZE="5"]Bug Fix[/SIZE]:
  • UpdateEPG no longer worked now that GBPVR.exe is no longer part of the GBPVR installation. Reported by LewE.

If you are running Vista, you might find this article on How to Use SlimmGBPVR with Vista's User Account Control helpful.

For all details regarding current version, please see documentation which is installed alongside the utility and is available in the GBPVR start menu group.

[Image: x-click-but02.gif] Donations gratefully accepted. Click the button to send me £1. Thanks.
Thanks for the update. I thought that the problems with EPGUpdate were mine only so that's a good fix for me.
Question: Do you have to have both GBPVRtray.exe and Slimm GBPVR running a the same time? Or can GBPVRtray be disabled from mscongif window?
I disable the GBPVR in the system tray and use SlimmGBPVR only. Just remove it from the startup and you're fine.
Use the Tools / Tray Configuration menu on Slimm GB-PVR and scroll down to the Startup section. Only checked items will startup. You can also get Slimm GB-PVR to close GB-PVR Tray automatically when it relaunches after using GB-PVR config.
Ahhhh! Nice. Thanks to both of you. I did not go that far the first time in the options menu.
Mister Slimm Wrote:Use the Tools / Tray Configuration menu on Slimm GB-PVR and scroll down to the Startup section. Only checked items will startup. You can also get Slimm GB-PVR to close GB-PVR Tray automatically when it relaunches after using GB-PVR config.
LOL, been using SlimmGBPVR for a long while and didn't even know it could be set to close the GBPVR tray after running config!
I'm experiencing high CPU usage of SlimmGBPVR. Most of the time, it stays at 00 CPU in Task Manager, but I'm seeing it spike to 97 or higher sometimes. I haven't analyzed this yet, so I really can't say how long it stays high or when it might be doing it, but I wanted to go ahead and see if you were already aware and might have a fix. Thanks!
ecorbin Wrote:I'm experiencing high CPU usage of SlimmGBPVR. Most of the time, it stays at 00 CPU in Task Manager, but I'm seeing it spike to 97 or higher sometimes. I haven't analyzed this yet, so I really can't say how long it stays high or when it might be doing it, but I wanted to go ahead and see if you were already aware and might have a fix. Thanks!

The CPU spike would likely be associated with it rebuilding the menu. It does this just before displaying a balloon, when a recording starts, when a recording finishes and, if you launch playback of a recording using the Recordings menu, when playback of a recording finishes.

As long as it is only a spike and not continual, there is nothing to be concerned with. SlimmGBPVR is, by default, set to run at BelowNormal priority and will never suck CPU from any other process. (You can confirm this using Task Manager and right-clicking SlimmGBPVR.exe and looking at the Priority sub-menu.)
thanks for the upgrade! 1 issue that i see: the files with "TS" extension are not shown in the menu. anything you can do about that? Smile

thanks!
Pages: 1 2