NextPVR Forums

Full Version: International Cinema Listings plugin version 7.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please post all questions about this plug-in here. Remember to include your the cinema number(s) source/country and any relevant logs.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.
Just so I know if I need to update my skin, are there any skin changes?
Jaggy Wrote:are there any skin changes?
No.
Any trick to getting Trailers to play? I installed the real Quicktime from Apple's page, and can play the trailer files directly from the plugins directory. But when I try to play them from the plugin itself, usually it just goes to a black screen and then returns (just like it did when I didn't have quicktime installed), or sometimes it plays loud digital noise but no video.
Nevermind the above, I hosed off Quicktime and installed ffdshow instead using the k-lite codec pack and the trailers work fine. I never really wanted Quicktime on my pvr anyway.
Great plugin by the way, it works wonderfully, thank you.

I'm sure you're expecting this... the old "i just discovered your plugin, it's great and all and now here's what I think you should change since you have nothing better to do but respond to the whims of every schmuck in the forum" sort of post. My apologies, but here's my entry into that pantheon:

First, the simplest: once you select 'By Cinema', and then go into a cinema and select a film, and then ask for show times, there's no indication on the showtime screen which cinema it is you're looking at. If you're popping in and out of different cinemas, or showing the showtime screen to someone else who didn't follow the path you took to get there, it'd be nice if it just displayed at least the cinema name above the list of times.

Item two, slightly more involved, but should be doable: Can you put the current date and time on any page displaying showtimes? "What time is it now?" is always the very next question asked upon viewing a list of showtimes.

Item three, probably too much work: Highlight the showtimes for the current day in some way. I realize this may be more work than it's worth, though perhaps it's quite simple.
All wishes apart from #3 have been added to the todo list. Highlighting showtimes would just be too difficult to do due to the scraping and display.
McBainUK Wrote:All wishes apart from #3 have been added to the todo list. Highlighting showtimes would just be too difficult to do due to the scraping and display.

How do you sleep at night, McBain!?!?!? Big Grin
Very well thank you Smile
haha, I guess I won't get any Rainer Wolfcastle quotes out of you...
Pages: 1 2 3 4