NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Will this work with GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This receiver mod (enables USB digital steaming to PC) works with MCE, will it work with GBPVR?

http://nextcomwireless.com/R5000/mce.htm

Thanks
i've just installed the GB-PVr but it does not support TVideo-650 by InnoDv. Help I'm at my wits end!
Sub,
Here is the text from the web page, I am wondering if this "virtual tuner" can also be used by GBPVR. Thanks.

Quote:Description - The R5000-HD can now be used as a tuner in Windows Media Center for XP or Vista (32-bit versions). To provide the ultimate flexibility the software package installs a "virtual" capture device which shows up as a standard TV tuner in Media Center. Unlike other solutions, installation is simple and straight-forward and there are no constraints on the tuning space. Since Media Center sets up the R5000-HD capture device as a set top box, any of the available cable or satellite guides can be used. No mappings to different tuning spaces are required. The MPEG data is delivered in native format, without any recompression or transcoding done to the signal.

Media Center wraps all recorded program data in the "dvr-ms" format which may contain DRM, (Digital Rights Management) a.k.a. copy protection. This is beyond the control of the user. However, the R5000-HD DVR application can be configured to record its standard transport streams along side all Media Center initiated recordings. This way the user has the convenience of scheduling and managing recordings using Media Center and is still able to freely archive programs and play them on other devices.

Requirements - Software: A PC running Windows® XP or Vista (32-bit versions only) Media Center Edition (MCE) is required. Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.0 or greater) must be installed. The .NET Framework is part of the various service packs and can also be downloaded and installed separately: Version 2.0 Version 3.5 (may have to install incrementally, see instructions on the Microsoft website). An MCE PC should come with this framework already installed.

Hardware: The MCE remote/blaster is required (this is often shipped as part of the MCE package*). Although not used to control the R5000-HD receiver, the blaster is required to be in place to satisfy the MCE set top box setup. The hardware requirements for using the R5000-HD are the same as those outlined here.
I dont know. Maybe.

If it pretends to be a BDA driver and MCE is able to use it, then there is a decent chance it'll also work with GB-PVR.