NextPVR Forums

Full Version: managing two Hauppauge cards...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have two Hauppauge 150s installed in my computer. I am having difficulting with channel clairity on one card in particular and I am not sure what could be the cause of this fuzziness. My first guess is that these channels need to be fine-tuned, because the reception is fine on the other card. If fine-tuning is the solution, I am not sure where to adjust it - through GB PVR or through the Win2000 interface.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions to my problem?
If I need to fine tune the channels, how do I do it, taking into account there are two cards?
I would check the antenna (cable) connection on the card that is making bad recordings. Make sure the connection is tight. If you are receiving cable on one card and OTA on the other, try swapping them and see if you have good signal on the cable feed and on the OTA feed. You'll probably find the problem that way.
hmmm, I guess I could try switching the PCI slots. I have tried switching the cable on the cards - both cards get cable TV input from the same source. I have tried switching them at the splitter box, but that has not changed the reception.
I would try removing the splitter box and testing each card seperately, then if you get good reception on both tests then it is a cable/splitter issue. The other problem maybe that the signal strenght from you cable source is not strong enough but I doubt that is the issue. The changing of the pci slots shouldn't have any impact.

Have you changed any registry settings or used the hauppauge tweak tool at all? I am wondering if it applied to only one of the cards. Using win200 will not change your reception in gbpvr but may help to eliminate gbpvr as the issue.

Lastly if none of this applies try the hauppauge tweak tool that you can find with google to tidy up the image.