NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Wiki updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There have been a few people that over time have made comments on areas of the wiki that need updating or clearer and more detailed information.

C'mon guys Please help out and add to the wiki so that it gets better and don't just rely on me to have to do it.

Remember the wiki is "What I Know Is" not the "manual for this Is"
Let's get with the spirit of the community and assist where you can!

Rant over, Thanks
idkpmiller Wrote:There have been a few people that over time have made comments on areas of the wiki that need updating or clearer and more detailed information.

C'mon guys Please help out and add to the wiki so that it gets better and don't just rely on me to have to do it.

Rant over, Thanks

That's a good idea. We should have more people tweak up the site...

It's too big for one guy
idkpmiller Wrote:There have been a few people that over time have made comments on areas of the wiki that need updating or clearer and more detailed information.

Rant over, Thanks

But actually, though that acronym may fit ('wiki' actually came from a Hawaiin taxi) the direction of the wiki has been more of a manual, rather than a collection of tips.

That said, much more input would be appreciated... Super easy to get page writing rights. I think Blader_se (wiki admin) might not seem like he's around but he always pops up when you mention his name...
zehd Wrote:('wiki' actually came from a Hawaiin taxi)

sites I have seen on the net say wiki is "quick" or "fast" in Hawaiin, almost all seem to say that it has been "backward fitted" to mean What I Know Is.

However I don't believe everything I read on the net even wikipedia gets things wrong. It would make more sense to me that a tool that is around a collection of knowledge or a knowledge base is more like to have an acronym for a name such as the one suggested than a name derived from a relatively obscure language on a small island (says me, living in New zealand) No offense is meant by that statement, before I serverly flamed to a crisp just trying to think through the logic and probability of the name.

Whatever the origin, multiple people contributing is whats its all about...

I have started adding the requested fixes so I would really love to see some kind souls give some time to adding to the wiki.

Cheers