NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXMLTV speed up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to tell the program to NOT fetch data for a particular series? I download all info but there are three series with Episodes.xml files over 10 megs that seem to eat most of the time: Long running series Sesame street, The Young and the Restless and This Old house. Is there a way to skip these?
Just take them out of the episodes.ini file - I am assuming you haven't checked fetch all series
This is a suggestion that was made a long time ago, and I just haven't got around to it.

If you select 'fetch all' there is currently not an exclude list, which would certainly be nice...

I'll see what I can do, but it will take time, because I'm planning on creating GUI that will list all your shows, and you can just click or drag your exclude shows to a list... That way it avoids typos...
Thanks for the response. For a work around I put the All Shows list into the include file and deleted the ones that were slowing things down. Seems to be working for now. I guessing it won't pick up a new show this way though.
Mike S Wrote:Thanks for the response. For a work around I put the All Shows list into the include file and deleted the ones that were slowing things down. Seems to be working for now. I guessing it won't pick up a new show this way though.

Yeah that's quite a workaround. I'm always amazed at how users can come up with things that I never even programmed in. I will get on that pretty quick though. The program works pretty hard when it scans through that huge 'include' list on every show...
zehd Wrote:I'm planning on creating GUI that will list all your shows, and you can just click or drag your exclude shows to a list... That way it avoids typos...
Thanks for a great utility. It adds a lot to the user experience with GBPVR.

In your next revision, could you do something to make it clearer what the two columns of check boxes are for. On the wiki they are highlighted with a purple rectangle and with a green rectangle. I may have missed something but I can't figure out what the difference is between the two columns.
LewE Wrote:Thanks for a great utility. It adds a lot to the user experience with GBPVR.

In your next revision, could you do something to make it clearer what the two columns of check boxes are for. On the wiki they are highlighted with a purple rectangle and with a green rectangle. I may have missed something but I can't figure out what the difference is between the two columns.

You're right there's lots of room for confusion. The check to the left of the item is filled if the data exists in your xmltv file... some files don't have 'country' and so there won't be a check there...

The one on the right adds a carriage return to the displayed text. That was added as a workaround for a request a long while ago.

Basically, if you don't have a left check, then your don't have the data. And you can ignore the right check if you want to display the data in a default manner...
Thanks. You should add that to the documentation (if it's not already there).
Hey guys... I guess I forgot, but the ability to exclude a show has been around for a while

In the 'Config Episodes' Screen, in the series drop down, type the name of the series you want to exclude. Hit Enter. (If it's not an exact match, you have a chance to look at the available hits from tvdb.)

Once you have an exact match (enter the name fully and correctly and the Episodes dropdown is populated by episodes) Click 'Mark Don't fetch' on the right.

Rather than create an entry in the list, it actually deletes the large data file and creates a small text file that says 'don't fetch'. When Ultra checks a show, it skips anything that has one of those files...