NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Possible infection found on GBPVR site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

Just after I started Firefox and went to the GBPVR home page, I got a message from Norton Internet security in the corner from the taskbar a message something along the lines of Bloodhound.Exploit.196 has been detected.

Here is the info about it on my computer, looks like it has been removed.

[Image: suddste_bloodhound.exploit.jpg]
I got the same.
I'm guessing its some false positive from your virus scanner or we would have seen a lot more posts about it.

Grits, what virus scanner are you using? Is it also Norton/Symantec?
I just came from the homepage and a pdf file downloaded and triggerd my adobe pdf reader to open saying %.pdf not found... :worried:

hope that's not using an old pdf file exploit sigh

do I need to scan for rootkits now or should I install a fresh copy of Windows?

I have an older version of adobe pdf reader so I am sure it's unpatched and it is fully vulnerable

sigh
tvshowman Wrote:I just came from the homepage and a pdf file downloaded and triggerd my adobe pdf reader to open saying %.pdf not found... :worried:

hope that's not using an old pdf file exploit sigh

do I need to scan for rootkits now or should I install a fresh copy of Windows?

I have an older version of adobe pdf reader so I am sure it's unpatched and it is fully vulnerable

sigh

This is the link I got from Symantec. It mentions Adobe and PDF's, etc.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/sec...99&tabid=1
I took the web server down briefly to investigate, but cant see any sign of problems.
well i'm pretty worried now...

I shut adobe reader down as per my above post using close....

I just checked my process viewer in taskbar and adobe reader was still running invisible and I have a file running called dllhost.dll or .exe can't remember now forced it to terminate and came back 3 times before it finally stop restarting itself...

Weird thing to is gbpvr went offline for 10 minutes so not sure if thats my connection or the website itself

gonna fresh install windows on this computer as it's my work computer
I got this same message about 20 mins ago, i have symntect installed
Just to say, I never got asked to download a empty .pdf file like what was said before. But that could be because the Antivirus I have stopped it in time.
thanks for the heads up
Bloodhound.Exploit.196 is a heuristic detection for files attempting to exploit the Adobe Acrobat and Reader Multiple Arbitrary Code Execution and Security Vulnerabilities

sub you need to look into this as this is much more than a coincidence...

and I was going to ignore the pdf download and keep it in the back of my head until I saw the first post in this thread

suddste thank you!!!

I have nod32 and no warnings nothing....

cringe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5