NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sky Channel Sync Tool Version 1.0.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the latest Sky Channel Sync Tool.

New features include

Preview Mode (just for MartinT123)
Support for Steebs Custom Channel Names

http://www.systemshark.com/scs/scssetup.msi

I've changed the system I use to generate the XML Channel Lists, It's will be regenerated each night at midnight. I've been testing this for a last month and it appears to working fine. It correctly handled the change in channel names from UK GOLD to Watch for example.
Cheers Richard - I'll give it a whirl at the weekend. I've been playing a bit with mc2xml and it was quite nice, having the channel number info available.

If I was doing a clean, new install then I would probably have gone with it. However, once you have a lot of recordings with their descriptions and tied to the OID of the original name, it could get messy.

I keep my eyes open on mc2xml and http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/b-...-a-15.html for sky channel changes.

Martin
Hi Martin,

I've been looking into all this quite a lot, Changing Channel Names is a simple and hard at the same, When UK Gold changed to Watch, I've Directly edited the GBPVR.DB3 database, then my OID etc remain constant.... I've been thinking about building another Tool to change Channel Names correctly and ensure EPG is valid after....

I've also been looking at MC2XML..... Interesting feed, for me I've got issues inside the datafeed. my postcode appears to be in wales..... which of course I'm not so I've going to spend sometime with the interface to see if I can get a valid feed. (but I've wanted to release both Torrents (with McBainUK) and SCS 1.03).
When the UKTV rename happened I think I edited their names with config.exe in the sources panel - that seems to keep the OID and everything, with just the name field changed. I can't remember any problems with the EPG at the time.....