NextPVR Forums

Full Version: audio out of sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this -hr-edl-seek thing supposed to make it take longer? Mencoder has been running for 45 minutes on an hour show & still running.

I think I'm going to do it the usual way and check the video ts folder like you suggested. Maybe I had a bad disc or something.
OK, it happened again. This time I checked the video ts folder and didn't find any audio sync issues with that. Its just off on the disc.

So it appears that something is going wrong during the burn or an issue with the disc itself.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?
bigC Wrote:OK, it happened again. This time I checked the video ts folder and didn't find any audio sync issues with that. Its just off on the disc.

So it appears that something is going wrong during the burn or an issue with the disc itself.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

When you use the -hr-edl-seek it will run much longer. Are you using the same player when you run the file from the temp dir as well as the created DVD?
If you have a file that you can put somewhere that I can download it, I will take a look at it.

For now I would just use the commercial mark for chapter points so your file isn't processed my mencoder.
I gave up on that edl seek thing... It was taking way to long. Even if that were to fix the issue, it wouldn't really be a workable solution for me.

I play the dvds with my set top player, I played the video ts stuff with VLC player.

I just discovered a workaround though. If I stop and restart the dvd, the audio syncs back up. I don't know why I didn't try that sooner. :o

Thanks a lot for the help but I think I'm just going to stick with this workaround.
bigC Wrote:I gave up on that edl seek thing... It was taking way to long. Even if that were to fix the issue, it wouldn't really be a workable solution for me.

I play the dvds with my set top player, I played the video ts stuff with VLC player.

I just discovered a workaround though. If I stop and restart the dvd, the audio syncs back up. I don't know why I didn't try that sooner. :o

Thanks a lot for the help but I think I'm just going to stick with this workaround.

Ok - Glad to hear that worked. VLC is likely more forgiving that your DVD. I have played files with VLC with all sorts of time stamp problems.
Going forward I would like to find what is really going on. IF you ever have a smaller file, or a way to host the larger one, let me know and I'll take a look at it.
Pages: 1 2