NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXMLTV: Display messing up during update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Zhed,

I started using UltraXML last night and I've noticed a small thing . . .

When I run the update from withing GBPVR via the System menu it does update, but it seems when it calls the enhancer that my screen display messes up. I either get the bottom task bar showing up till it's done with the enhancer or the left half of my display goes black and white but it clears up when the enhancer is done. I dunno if it affects a recording as I haven't tried that yet.

I currently call it all in a updateepg.bat file just to keep things tidier with only one bat file. I did try calling the xml grabber in an updateepg.bat and the enhancer in an postupdateepg.bat file though and it still did it.

I'm sure it's the enhancer doing it as one of the tabs that shows up on the task bar shows how far along it is and when it's done it disappears. I've also rem'd out the enhancer calls and then there is no screen flashing but of course I only get standard listings.

I've tried switching from vmr9 full screen exclusive to just vmr9 but it didn't change the behavior.

Not a big deal as it updates at 3 am so no one is usually watching it then, but it is curious and I just wondered if there was a fix for it.

Thanks!

Steve
SLR_65 Wrote:Hi Zhed,

I started using UltraXML last night and I've noticed a small thing . . .

When I run the update from withing GBPVR via the System menu it does update, but it seems when it calls the enhancer that my screen display messes up. I either get the bottom task bar showing up till it's done with the enhancer or the left half of my display goes black and white but it clears up when the enhancer is done. I dunno if it affects a recording as I haven't tried that yet.

I currently call it all in a updateepg.bat file just to keep things tidier with only one bat file. I did try calling the xml grabber in an updateepg.bat and the enhancer in an postupdateepg.bat file though and it still did it.

I'm sure it's the enhancer doing it as one of the tabs that shows up on the task bar shows how far along it is and when it's done it disappears. I've also rem'd out the enhancer calls and then there is no screen flashing but of course I only get standard listings.

I've tried switching from vmr9 full screen exclusive to just vmr9 but it didn't change the behavior.

Not a big deal as it updates at 3 am so no one is usually watching it then, but it is curious and I just wondered if there was a fix for it.

Thanks!

Steve

I'm not completely sure what you are describing. Do you not have your GUI displaying in full screen or windowed mode (when vmr9 FSE it's full screen also) ??

It sounds like the GUI and Enhancer are fighting for foreground. But the enhancer does not require to be in the foreground and so doesn't check or force itself.. Do you have something else that is forcing the GUI to foreground?

Can I see your updateEPG.bat and your configf.xml ?
Hi Zhed,

Yes, fighting for the foreground I think is a good guess at what's going on.

My GUI is displaying in VMR9 Full Screen Exclusive. If I change to VMR9 Custom and uncheck the windowed mode (to make it full screen) it does the same thing.

Here is my updateEPG.bat:

==========
@echo off

Rem Get EPG data from Schedules Direct
cd c:\EPG\XMLTV_Grabber
xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 4 --output c:\EPG\EPG.xml

Rem Call the enhancer
cd c:\EPG\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer
c:\epg\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer.exe c:\epg\epg.xml
==========

I don't see an configf.xml - even had Windows do a search and it didn't find it.

Thanks!

Steve
SLR_65 Wrote:I don't see an configf.xml - even had Windows do a search and it didn't find it.

Too many effs.
OK, so you need the config.xml? (not configf.xml)

Here 'tis:
SLR_65 Wrote:OK, so you need the config.xml? (not configf.xml)

Here 'tis:

Jeez. I wonder what you guys would be like if I was drunkk?
zehd Wrote:Jeez. I wonder what you guys would be like if I was drunkk?

Personally I'd be Jealous! <cheers!> Big Grin
What other programs are running? Example: MVPServerChecker can also help keep the gui in the foreground, but fights with FSE for some reason...

Maybe you have something else...

The way it should work, and does on mine is: GUI in FSE (foreground). GB-PVR calls the UpdateEPG.bat, (similar to yours) and then the Gui flickers a frame or two (really really fast) as the enhancer is called. FSE takes the foreground and it's done... no more flickering. And yeah, when it happens, it's in the middle of the night so noone notices.

I will try changing the form load code so there isn't an explicit form.show event (just a load). That way, it shouldn't even flicker once...

BUT then , I'm guessing you are having much more flickering than I described, so that makes me think of the first point...
I'm not running anything else. The HTPC doesn't really have anything other than the operating system and GBPVR stuff loaded on it.

In my tray I have the recording service, volume control, a safely remove hardware icon that's due to the SATA driver on my machine, and that's it.

When the flicker happens is when the display screws up. Usually I can see a tab for the enhancer and it shows how many entries it's processed and when it's done it blinks again and then the screen is retored back.

Not a big deal, just curious.

I'm really liking the new show indicator. I noticed though it becomes part of the show name so it breaks the season records I have set. Not a big deal though, easily fixed and actually better as now I can setup to just record new episodes or to just record reruns which is handier than you might think!

Where's that cheers icon with the smilie holding a beer????

TTYL,

Steve
SLR_65 Wrote:I'm not running anything else. The HTPC doesn't really have anything other than the operating system and GBPVR stuff loaded on it.

In my tray I have the recording service, volume control, a safely remove hardware icon that's due to the SATA driver on my machine, and that's it.

When the flicker happens is when the display screws up. Usually I can see a tab for the enhancer and it shows how many entries it's processed and when it's done it blinks again and then the screen is retored back.

Not a big deal, just curious.

I'm really liking the new show indicator. I noticed though it becomes part of the show name so it breaks the season records I have set. Not a big deal though, easily fixed and actually better as now I can setup to just record new episodes or to just record reruns which is handier than you might think!

Where's that cheers icon with the smilie holding a beer????

TTYL,

Steve

OK then. It's messy, but if it works...

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.....
Pages: 1 2